Thread: Supervisor Status/immunization

Default Supervisor Status/immunization

I have had no problem immunizing since my last query on 25/08/08 but about 2/3 days ago it reappeared. I followed the same advice (undo, Reimmunise, ensure browser closed) the only thing I could not do, was run as a supervisor. I followed the steps that should have given me this status (R click SB etc) but each time I tried to immunize I got the same Supervisor query.

Can anyone help please.

Jim UK

Picking off from this thread:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=33050
    -
    Are you using Windows Vista OS?

You can right-click on the Spybot-SD desktop icon and click 'Properties'. There should be a 'Compatibility' tab > Advanced. Then fill in with 'Run as Administer'. This should be permanent from now on.

Default windows XP immunization

I cant get the immunization to work or the removal tools to work. I am new here and have been reading but only see Vista info.Thanks

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=33752
    Last edited by tashi; 2008-09-06 at 10:14. Reason: added link

DRRAGOSTEA,

Yes I use Vista, fuller details below. I tried your suggestion and it did not work. The slight difference was that after the compatibility tab there was no Advanced, only an unchecked box labeled "Run this program as an administrator" I checked the box and applied.

When I then tried to immunize there was no reference to supervisor level, just a message saying close down IE which I have never seen before, I closed it down and attempted an Immunize which did not work correctly. I tried again and was asked for Supervisor status. I rechecked the box in the combatibility tab and iy was still checked

Where did you get the Forum address to point to my initial mail, perhaps I should have used it.

Cheers.

Jim UK

Client----------Windows Mail
    Firewall installed----------yes
    Connection type----------Broadband
    ISP---------------------Orange
    email server same as ISP
    Spam filter----Installed
    Windows VISTA
    S&B Version-------- 1.6.0.30
    Other anti virus------Yes
    Other protection-----Yes

Quote Originally Posted by jimal09 View Post
    Yes I use Vista, fuller details below. I tried your suggestion and it did not work. The slight difference was that after the compatibility tab there was no Advanced, only an unchecked box labeled "Run this program as an administrator" I checked the box and applied.
    My apologies. I meant that. Thing was that I haven't encountered this issue in some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimal09
    Where did you get the Forum address to point to my initial mail, perhaps I should have used it.
    I took a look at your user profile and found the thread.
    --
    Jim, you are fine because you are not receiving the message that you have to run as "supervisor". This means that the "Run as Administer" option has been successful (permanent).

The message about Internet Explorer usually means that IE is open during the Immunization process. This means that Spybot will have trouble writing to the Restricted Zones of IE. If I'm correct, then if you attempt to Immunize IE in the future it will show you that it is unprotected because the the Immunization for IE has been overwritten with the same content. Correct me if I'm wrong about that part.

angthekissfan, you have AdAware and Windows Defender active in your running processes (provided with the link from tashi). Is AdAware a active subscription (paid)?

I'm not sure if there is a incompatibility issue with Spybot's Immunize and McAfee's Shields.
    --

DRRAGOSTEA

Did what you suggested on two separate dates and both were ok.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers.

Jim UK

So it works fine and you can Immunize correct?

DRRAGOSTEA,

Have now run it on 3 seperate days, as per you advice.

It worked correctly on all three occasions.

Thank you

Glad it worked.

Safe surfing.