Thread: Spy Bot Freazing

Question Spy Bot Freazing

When i run spy bot search and destroy it finds a Usage traker in "MS Office 9.0" but when i tell it to fix the problem it will just jamm the computer up and then not respond.

Does anyone know whats hapening ??

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Sifo-Dyas View Post
    When i run spy bot search and destroy it finds a Usage traker in "MS Office 9.0" but when i tell it to fix the problem it will just jamm the computer up and then not respond.

Does anyone know whats hapening ??
    You really need to be a lot more specific than that. There are quite a number of individual usage entries that can appear relative to MS Office, and they differ depending on what version of Office you have, and what Office items are installed. They maybe vary depending on the operating system and may also vary with the version of Spybot you are using.

There is however one in Office 2000 that I know causes a problem with Spybot on XP, however because it is only a usage record and not harmful, the solution is simple. Run a scan, open up that particular item (click on the + to the left of the item, highlight the entry within, right click and select "Exclude this detection from further searches"

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
    You really need to be a lot more specific than that. There are quite a number of individual usage entries that can appear relative to MS Office, and they differ depending on what version of Office you have, and what Office items are installed. They maybe vary depending on the operating system and may also vary with the version of Spybot you are using.

There is however one in Office 2000 that I know causes a problem with Spybot on XP, however because it is only a usage record and not harmful, the solution is simple. Run a scan, open up that particular item (click on the + to the left of the item, highlight the entry within, right click and select "Exclude this detection from further searches"

thanx for the help....My operating system is Vista Home Premium svp1 32 bit operating system i Have the latest version of spybot search and destroy i have microsoft office 2007 and 2000....Ive run spybot search and destroy and it finds MS Office.9.0 usege traker in internet directeris i think i figured how to get ride of it buy just deleting them but what i want to know is why it freezes my computer every time i tell it to fix the problem? ive also run it in adminstrator but it still freezes my computer and its only that problem that does it ?? is any asnwer to why it freezes when trying to fix the problem thanx for the help.