Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: MS Message: System Settings Protector has encounted a problem and needs to close

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

As you are not getting the error anymore now.... did you change anything in Spybot or your pc?

For all the others:

It would help us if you can do the following:
    Rightclick on "my computer" -> "properties".
    Choose advanced.
    And then "performance".
    Under "virtual memory" choose "changed".
    Under custom size in the upper field enter a solid value.
    Use the same value in the field below it.

Thanks. :-)

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot
    Hello

If that is directed at me, if you read my post you will see that I am still getting the error.

have also done as suggested to change virtual memory etc.....error still exists.

Default System Settings Protector - TeaTimer

Quote Originally Posted by doobie1 View Post
    have also done as suggested to change virtual memory etc.....error still exists.
    In my system, virtual memory was customized before this issue...

Quote Originally Posted by andre.ledo View Post
    In my system, virtual memory was customized before this issue...
    Mine too.

Lightbulb usaully the best option...

would be system managed size, that way you let the system manage the virtual memory. I usaully recommend that. But maybe that's just me...

Default Alert on booting

In my cae also, virtual memory was already customized. However, figures in the upper and lower custom size were different. As advised, I changed the lower to the same as the upper one. I clicked 'Apply' and 'OK', and the sytem required to be restarted. It was done but I got the same messge that I was getting previously.
    I have been using Spybot S&D for quite some time and did not have this problem till recent updating to 1.0.6.31. I am not a techie but I have a feeling that the error has got something to do with TeaTimer in the latest version. I don't think it is hardware related.
    I have more or less the system as most others have, and I must clarify that my software is also Windows XP SP2 (Of course, it is Media Center Edition).
    I do hope some one finds an answer to the problem and is kind eonough to advise me also how to get rid of this irriatant.

I have just started my PC and today Spybot and TeaTimer are running normally. No error message. I wouls appear to be an intermittent problem for me.

I made no changes to the system yesterday, and didn't download or delete any programs.

Default For those who are frustrated, I repeat:

Quote Originally Posted by GA8572 View Post
    I have 2Gb RAM, P4 3.0Ghz, Win XP Pro SP3.

I have tired of the problem, and reinstalled SpyBotSD 1.5.2. Since doing so I have not had any further troubles.

For those of you who would like to try the same, you can download older versions of SpyBotSD from here:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_sp...earch_destroy/

Good luck all.
    The latest Teatimer is buggy. Use the above (I know, not perfect, but it works) and wait for a newer version which hopefully will not have this problem.
    Last edited by GA8572; 2008-09-13 at 12:23.

Quote Originally Posted by GA8572 View Post
    The latest Teatimer is buggy. Use the above (I know, not perfect, but it works) and wait for a newer version which hopefully will not have this problem.
    Thanks.

It seems we've been abandoned by the 'experts'.

Default Same problem

I have the same problem as everyone else – I am on XP SP2. Its intermittent with me, sometimes works, other times get the error message at startup.

If it fails I have found the only way to start it is to fireup Spybot, go to Tools, Resident – the programme then starts up of its own accord without any error messages.

Am running Skype & Norton.