Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Manual Uninstall Spybot 1.6.0

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    sweets53:

There is no facility within TeaTimer to reverse any Registry change decisions ("Allow change" or "Deny change") that you make. You have to redo whatever you were doing so that the Registry change is done again (or manually edit the Registry).
    Then the teatimer is not for me. Thank you.

In other words, you'll have to reproducing the change again.

There is no undo function if you 'Allow or Deny' once, however there is an undo function if you chose "Remember my Decision".

The least you can do is take a look at Spybot-SD's TeaTimer log and see what you Allowed or Denied.

If I can't undo any changes made and I'm not certain of whether to allow or deny a change, then I don't think the teatimer is right for me. A more experienced person would be better adept at the use of the teatimer. I've been in the position where I really don't know what I'm doing and I'd rather not be there again, if you know what I mean. Thank you though.

Like I said in Post#14, in order to attempt to ease the situation in where novice/beginner users were not familiar with the prompts, PepiMK (Patrick Kolla [creator of Spybot-SD]) developed the black&whitelists:
    http://forums.spybot.info/project.ph...d=271#note1049
    --
    Did I clear your doubt about Netzero too?

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    Like I said in Post#14, in order to attempt to ease the situation in where novice/beginner users were not familiar with the prompts, PepiMK (Patrick Kolla [creator of Spybot-SD]) developed the black&whitelists:
    http://forums.spybot.info/project.ph...d=271#note1049

The link you provided above could "not be found"
    --
    Did I clear your doubt about Netzero too?
    Yes you did clear my doubts about untd_recovery, thank you very much, but you may not be available the next time. Whitelists and blacklists are good but if you can't undo the changes than it could be a dangerous thing to mess with. Thank you again.

I will be here .

Yes, however, I wouldn't consider it "dangerous", I consider it a potential, so you should take caution. Not caution as in literally, but just simply think about it and decide.

Safe surfing.

Thank you for all your help. I think I will reinstall 1.6 without the teatimer or at least disable it and run scans as needed. Is there a link to view files that are considerd potentially dangerous?

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    As a general idea there is not really a "single" or "specific" place which provides all the information. Take the extra step and search. May that be a search engine or a technical site. I remember Castle Cops has a good list of BHO's and toolbars which are rated from legitimate, bad, unknown, or open to debate.
    Please consider what I have posted and re-read the information.

You do not need to uninstall Spybot unless there are problems. You can disable TeaTimer manually, via Spybot-SD Advanced Mode.

Open Spybot>Mode>Advanced Mode>Tools>Resident and untick TeaTimer. If you want SDHelper on, that is up to you.

Thank you.
    What will SDHelper provide if I leave it on?
    I set a restore point on System Restore before installing Spybot. If I revert back to that point, will that undo all changes that Spybot may have instituted? Will I revert back to pre-installation? Thank you.

SDHelper is Spybot's Resident Shield in Internet Explorer. It actively defends/protects you against malicious banners and ads.

Yes, if you set a Restore Point and use it, it will be like Spybot was never installed.

But don't worry : ), I doubt there will be any problems. If you have any, just come and ask.