Thread: Problem with Teatime

Post Problem with Teatime

I am new here so I hope I am in the write place for this question.

I have Spybot 1.6 and use the teatime all the time.

We have a business which includes an internet service for customers. I have some customers downloading ARES and it's toolbar without asking.

I right clicked on the teatime icon and went to configuation to see the black and white list to delete the ARES toolbar access and when doing so there is nothing listed at all. It is emptly.

Now, I know there is over 150589 processed in the list because before clicking on the ikon the information appears.

So, what can I do to see the information and to keep the toolbar and ARES from being installed.

Aparently these people do not know how to follow rules so we need to keep them from doing this another way.

Thanks for your time.

Michele

Hello,

In the black and white list you see will onlly be entries if you have marked "remember this decision". The notification of the balcklisted proccesses are bad items which are blocked by us.

But if you want to make your own blacklist including ARES, it is also possible to manually add the TeaTimer blacklist.
    You can write your own custom .sbi files, which are used by the Resident TeaTimer for blocking as well.
    For more informations please have a look at this thread in our forum.

By the way..... i hope you are not using Spybot - Search & Destroy in a corporate environment.
    Spybot Search and Destroy is only free for the private use.
    License Agreement

Corporate users need to purchase a license.

Some more information is available on www.safer-networking.ie

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Thank you for your help and I will try.

And no, it is not used for business. The computer is a personal one I use. My family members keep installing ARES. Our business is a paper supply business and English tutoring.

Thank again for your help and I will try to do as you suggested.