Thread: Interfering With Installation

Unhappy Interfering With Installation

I'm trying to run an installation program, but Spybot repeatedly prevents a needed registry change. This causes the setup program to stall about half-way through

During the first run, of this setup program, I might have clicked the wrong thing when Spybot asked if it should allow a change.

Now, I can't get Spybot to stop preventing that change.

How can I stop Spybot, from interfering with this setup program?

- r

Lightbulb right click teatimer

sd helper and click settings. under blocked registry changes, click the black x next to the entries you want to be asked again.

Which version of Spybot-SD are you running (Help>About)?

Actually one workaround would be temporaily disabling Spybot-SD during the installation/setup.

Have you ticked "Remember my Decision"? If you have clicked "Deny" and ticked 'Remember my Decision' then that might explain why it is repeated denying the registry change (most probably that the setup program is installing and attempting to create the key). If so you can undo the change.
    --
    To undo the changes, right-click the TeaTimer icon (Spybot-SD Resident) in the Taskbar and click 'Settings' and find the entry you denied in one of the four tabs. Double click on the X (cross) and click 'Ok' to the prompt. This will undo the change.

1. v. 1.5.2.2.

2. After double-clicking on the black 'X' and removing that blocked change, I learned that Spybot is actually blocking something else.

But the notice goes by too fast for me to read. So, I'm not quite sure what is being blocked.

Is there anyway just to stop Spybot, at least, until after I finish my installation program?

- r

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    Actually one workaround would be temporaily disabling Spybot-SD during the installation/setup.
    What did you mean by "notice goes by too fast"? The TeaTimer prompt is still and solid... unless you mean the "boxes" on the bottom right-hand corner correct?

Unless you have ticked "Remember my Decision" (which you can undo), that might explain the continuous prompts presented by TeaTimer (bottom right-hand corner).

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

ramping:

Quote Originally Posted by ramping View Post
    ... Is there anyway just to stop Spybot, at least, until after I finish my installation program? ...
    TeaTimer should not prevent the installation of as long as you answer the TeaTimer dialog messages with "Allow change". I do not recommend that you use the "Remember this decision" unless there a compelling reason to such as repetitive changes.

To Disable TeaTimer:
    • Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident.
    • Uncheck the following:
      • Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.

To Enable TeaTimer:
    • Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident.
    • Check the following:
      • Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thanks, for the information!

It made me suspect that Spybot was probably not to blame, after all; instead, that box which flashed by might have just been part of the setup program telling me that it had run into a fatal problem.

So, I junked that setup program in lieu of a work-around - which seemed to accomplish a lot and suggest that the setup program was unnecessary.

I'll find out, for sure, later, though.

Again, however, thanks for the information!

- f