Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems

Default Problems

Hi, I usually have a nice clean laptop after using S&D, I've now had errors in the log and have no clue how to fix them.

I'm running XP, have Avira AV, SpywareBlaster, Adaware 2008 and Search and Destroy, I've ran an AV scan and it's not found anything.

I don't use peer to peer filesharing and have no idea where this has come from.

The log is as follows, I'd be grateful for any help someone can give me:

C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi | Delf.Spool.cn | <$SYSDIR>\ntdoss04.sys
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi | FlashExploit | <$WINDIR>\Tasks\SysFile.brk
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi | Haxdoor.hm | <$FILE_LIBRARY>
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi | Haxdoor.hm | <$FILE_LIBRARY>
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi | Haxdoor.hm | <$FILE_EXE>
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi | Haxdoor.hm | <$FILE_DATA>
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi | Haxdoor.hm | <$FILE_DATA>
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi | Haxdoor.hm | <$FILE_SYSTEM>
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi | Win32.Agent.frl | <$FILE_SYSTEM>
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi | Win32.Agent.frl | <$FILE_EXE>
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\TrojansC.sbi | FakeUPSInvoice | <$SYSDIR>\userini.exe
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi | Delf.Spool.cn | <$SYSDIR>\ntdoss04.sys
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi | FlashExploit | <$WINDIR>\Tasks\SysFile.brk
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi | Haxdoor.hm | <$FILE_EXE>
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi | Haxdoor.hm | <$FILE_SYSTEM>
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi | Win32.Agent.frl | <$FILE_SYSTEM>
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi | Win32.Agent.frl | <$FILE_EXE>
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\TrojansC.sbi | FakeUPSInvoice | <$SYSDIR>\userini.exe
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\TrojansC.sbi | Win32.GGDoor | <$SYSDIR>\userints.exe
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\TrojansC.sbi | Zlob.DNSChanger | <$FILE_EXE>
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\TrojansC.sbi | Zlob.DNSChanger | <$FILE_EXE>
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\TrojansC.sbi | Zlob.DNSChanger.rtk | <$FILE_EXE>

Thanks in advance

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

mashed_monster:

You are running an old version of Spybot and those errors are being reported because the current detection rules are incompatable with the old version. To correct the problem, upgrade to Spybot 1.6.

I suggest you uninstall your current version of Spybot according to the instructions in How to uninstall?. After you have uninstalled, please make sure that you download and run this very small fix to ensure that the registry entries for Spybot have been deleted. Then reinstall using the spybotsd160.exe installation program that can be downloaded from Mirror selection - The home of Spybot-S&D!.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Hi there,

Thanks for your help, but I'm a bit daft

How do I run the fix? I've clicked the link and it just opens in Firefox as some registry entries?

Thanks again for your help

mashed_monster:

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    ... download and run this very small fix to ensure that the registry entries for Spybot have been deleted. ...
    To download: Right click on the download link, select "Save file to disk", "Save to disk" or whatever the option is in Firefox.

To run: Double click on the saved "remove-spybotsd-settings.reg" file and answer "Yes" then "OK".

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

In Firefox,it should be:"Save Link As..."

Zenobia:

Thank you.

You're welcome.

Thanks for your help, all working now and S&D has cleaned 2 tracking cookies.

One last question which, I just wondered exactly what the log file is telling me, in my blind panic last night I thought that all the items in the log were present on my laptop and that S&D was unable to fix them.

However, I think I've now realised that in fact it means it hasn't been able to check for them......is that correct?

Just so that I've got a clearer idea of what's going on in future

mashed_monster:

Please post the log you are talking about.

It's the one in my first post

Thanks!