Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SPYBOT - run by task

Default SPYBOT - run by task

I'v moved from WIN98SE to WINXP and reinstall the SPYBOT and added to Scheduled Tasks.

But its not running.... the "Scheduled Tasks" say Status : "could not start" and Last result :"0x0" .
    Where should I start ???
    Last edited by boazboaz; 2006-03-27 at 16:07.

Hello,

Please run Spybot-S&D in "Advanced Mode" and go to "Settings" --> "Scheduler". Hit the "Edit" button at the top of the "Scheduler" section in Spybot-S&D. Then hit "OK". Now you are asked to enter the password (your windows account password).

Please consider the following link in order to see how to use the Scheduler: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...d_topnode.mspx

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

O.K i'v tried it but the respond is "...access is denied.." "you don't have permittion ..."

Hello,

Do you have admin rights?
    Did you enter a password?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

If the answers to spybotsandra's questions are both yes then see the following (although I have never heard of someone with this problem):

Also see:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

"Do you have admin rights?" - how do i know that ??
    "Did you enter a password" - which password should I use ?? were do I handle such password ?? In which other cases was I supposed to do some thing with that password. I don't remmber any.

More questions
    ============
    I do not use a password to logon. Is there a case that there is a password
    and I do not use it ?? what the idea of several accounts ??? will the task
    run even if i'm logged on to my original account while the password that i
    will use will be a dummy user (that will be given password) ??

Hello,

To have a look at which rights you have on your account please have a look at your Windows control panel.
    Below the point "user and passwords" you can see which group your user name belongs to.
    If you didn't change how to start Spybot-S&D you should have the same rights as it is placed there.
    To run Spybot-S&D under a different user account (for example one with admin rights) please right-click here and choose 'open as'.
    There should be an option to enter a user name and a password.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

O.k. i'v added a password to my login user ... but I use it only for the TASK issue.

Still do not understand the idea that if i do not want a logon password i need to create one just for the TASK issue.

Thank You very much .

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boazboaz
    Still do not understand the idea that if i do not want a logon password i need to create one just for the TASK issue.
    Spybot uses the OS scheduler and XP requires a password to schedule. I'll list the reference again:

A user published a method to get around the password requirement:

This not a recommendation that you bypass the password requirement. In fact, if you are considering bypassing the password requirement, make sure that you read my comments (as well as the comments that I added on bitman's behalf) in the second post in that thread before bypassing the password requirement:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.