Thread: RegClean is a malware.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation RegClean is a malware.

RegClean is NOT a malware. Safer Networking needs to say a BIG And. Nothing SpyBot says about it is true! Its Cleaning the Registry from BAD Keys. NOT GOOD Keys. And if you buy 1 Licence you can use it at all computers you want! we have it on like... 6 Computers! It was a real that it recognize it as an MALWARE! Its NOT a MALWARE. Its an LEGAL CREATED REGISTRY CLEANER!!!!

Hello,
    Quote Originally Posted by 0987lolz View Post
    RegClean is NOT a malware.
    Please see:
    http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/regclean.com

http://msmvps.com/blogs/hostsnews/ar...5/1515465.aspx

There's lots more.

Also a word of caution regarding the use of any registry cleaner: Registry Cleaners, not recommended

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello,

Please see:
    http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/regclean.com

http://msmvps.com/blogs/hostsnews/ar...5/1515465.aspx

There's lots more.

Also a word of caution regarding the use of any registry cleaner: Registry Cleaners, not recommended

Best regards.
    Bad me. I checked some pics of AdwareAlert. and OMG! what i had wrong! its an malware! but its gone now!

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    People who need to read that won't. Ie, the people too fool hardy to know what registry cleaner do and can do and just blindly click "next" assuming the software knows what is best for you.

Unlike earlier Operating Systems, the registry bloat and issues associated with dead entries does not occur with the XP or Vista kernels. Windows is a closed source system, developers of registry cleaners are not working on definitive information, but rather empirical knowledge. Automatic cleaners will usually have to do some guesswork.
    I've seen any number of third-party PC advisers and experts disagree and emphatically state that registry bloat and dead entries slow down at least Windows XP.

The funny thing is, Spybot itself includes a register cleaner, not the best one (seriously, why does all the specific data only show up if you copy and paste?), but it does have one. I think it would be less disingenuous to tell people that registry cleaning is for advanced users only and are not like virus or spyware scanners.

Hello,
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartigan View Post
    People who need to read that won't. Ie, the people too fool hardy to know what registry cleaner do and can do and just blindly click "next" assuming the software knows what is best for you.
    We can but try.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartigan View Post
    I've seen any number of third-party PC advisers and experts disagree and emphatically state that registry bloat and dead entries slow down at least Windows XP.
    Some might disagree with this sentence yes:
    Unlike earlier Operating Systems, the registry bloat and issues associated with dead entries does not occur with the XP or Vista kernels.
    The community is vast and of course opinions vary, but posting one side isn't enough, so to that end I have edited the sticky.

Thank you.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Cool I'm fine with regcleaner for 5 years now....

Hello everybody,

i've been working with regcleaner (By Juoni Vuorio) on my old win98 and on my current XP and actually still like it, because it's small, fast and easy to handle. It gave me first insight into deeper understanding my OS, and cleaning my autostart in less than 30 secs is still unbeatable. Various crashes i had, were due to "smart" actions of mine - using regcleaner had never done any damage.

So actually from my experience i see no reason to pick it up with spybot (which happened today, why not 2 years ago?). To me it has some taste of actually discriminating a smart, working tool.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

spybird:

Quote Originally Posted by spybird View Post
    ... regcleaner (By Juoni Vuorio) ... So actually from my experience i see no reason to pick it up with spybot (which happened today, why not 2 years ago?). To me it has some taste of actually discriminating a smart, working tool.
    It's not discrimination, it's a mistake (false positive).

See this post from four (4) days ago:

Quote Originally Posted by MisterW View Post
    Hello,
    If you are talking about RegCleaner by Jouni Vuorio: It is a false positive and will be fixed with our next update schedules for Wednesday.

Best regards,
    Markus
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2008-09-15 at 16:37.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.