Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TeaTimer doesn't work after update

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default TeaTimer doesn't work after update

I downloaded a TeaTimer Update today (one of the Update options on the Update screen).

Since then Tea Timer does not appear to be working:

It appears in Running Processes - 39,168k

BUT

- does not appear in the System tray
    - gives a "Not Responding" message when logging off or closing down
    - is not picking up registry changes that it normally picks up.

I have tried unticking the TeaTimer check box in "Resident" in "Tools", and rechecking it. (The registry key appears in "System StartUp" if I look in "Tools".) But this has not helped.

The TeaTimer version is 1.6.2.23 (from the "Process List)

Anyone any ideas?
    Spybot 1.6.2.46, Resident SDHelper ON, TeaTimer Resident ON
    XP sp3, IE7. Pentium 2GHz, 2GB RAM

I have the same issue. Anyone know a fix for this?

I had the same experience where TeaTimer was not "showing" on the taskbar. Since it is a beta after all... Suspicious, I ran Spybot in Advanced Mode>Tools>Resident and then TeaTimer popped up.

I would suggest you do reboot and see if the "disappearance" of TeaTimer from the taskbar still persists.

Pete was the "Non-responding" message come with something like this?:
    "Access violation at address 004B6BE9 in module 'TeaTimer.exe'. Read of address 00000010."
    Also, Pete, can you explain a little more on how it's not "picking" up registry changes anymore? Spybot-SD 1.6.x introduces the usage of black&whitelists so it'll ease the situation on the prompts that beginner/novice users encounter.
    http://forums.spybot.info/project.php?issueid=271
    --
    Steven, I don't think there is a "fix" for this if you word it that way. What problems are you experiencing?

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post

Steven, I don't think there is a "fix" for this if you word it that way. What problems are you experiencing?
    Same as Pete. TeaTimer issues after updats today. Im still using 1.5.2 btw.
    -TeaTimer doesnt show up in the system tray, but still is on the processes list.
    -When I reboot or shut down TeaTimer hangs with a not responding msg and I have to force quit.
    -I even reinstalled SpyBot 1.5.2 and didnt do the TeaTimer update. Same issue.

I upgraded SpyBot to 1.6 and TeaTimer works again, but wow this new one is a resource hog!!

drragostea -

The "Not Responding" message does not give Access Violation codes, it appears when the system is trying to close TeaTimer at Log-off or Sytem Shut Down. It is the standard Windows message stating that TeaTimer is "Not Responding" and asks if I want to "End Task Now".

As far as I can see, I can no longer access Black & White lists (which I could before).

I checked whether it was picking up registry changes by initiating a change TeaTimer normally reports on (change of User). It no longer reports on this Registry change.

Looking at Steven's reply, I think we may have identical problems.

Steven and I posted at the same time above.

I have not tried updating to Spybot 1.6 due to current issues reported in this forum. Could this be the problem?

Question Missing tea timer

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    I had the same experience where TeaTimer was not "showing" on the taskbar. Since it is a beta after all... Suspicious, I ran Spybot in Advanced Mode>Tools>Resident and then TeaTimer popped up.

I would suggest you do reboot and see if the "disappearance" of TeaTimer from the taskbar still persists.

Pete was the "Non-responding" message come with something like this?:

Also, Pete, can you explain a little more on how it's not "picking" up registry changes anymore? Spybot-SD 1.6.x introduces the usage of black&whitelists so it'll ease the situation on the prompts that beginner/novice users encounter.
    http://forums.spybot.info/project.php?issueid=271
    --
    I can't even find it in Advanced Mode but the Windows Task manager does show it as one of the processes that are running.

Does it still work? Is it still doing its job and why isn't it anywhere in default or advanced mode and why is the icon missing from the tray? Anyone know?

Question Tea Timer Troubles

Quote Originally Posted by AspieMum View Post
    I can't even find it in Advanced Mode but the Windows Task manager does show it as one of the processes that are running.

Does it still work? Is it still doing its job and why isn't it anywhere in default or advanced mode and why is the icon missing from the tray? Anyone know?
    I've found it now but the boxes were already ticked and unticking them and reticking them doesn't bring the icon back to the task bar or tray.

Default teatimer:

Quote Originally Posted by Steven C View Post
    I have the same issue. Anyone know a fix for this?
    Not being computer genie I am experiencing similar situation as I attempt
    to shutdown acer laptop running microsoft os vista. window pops up
    stating teatimer stopping mach. from shutting down. Appreciate any and
    all assistance. Have been using spybot combined with adaware for years.
    Never had any difficulty's until past couple months. ?????????