Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TeaTimer doesn't work after update

Default TeaTimer doesn't work after update

I downloaded a TeaTimer Update today (one of the Update options on the Update screen).

Since then Tea Timer does not appear to be working:

It appears in Running Processes - 39,168k

BUT

- does not appear in the System tray
    - gives a "Not Responding" message when logging off or closing down
    - is not picking up registry changes that it normally picks up.

I have tried unticking the TeaTimer check box in "Resident" in "Tools", and rechecking it. (The registry key appears in "System StartUp" if I look in "Tools".) But this has not helped.

The TeaTimer version is 1.6.2.23 (from the "Process List)

Anyone any ideas?
    Spybot 1.6.2.46, Resident SDHelper ON, TeaTimer Resident ON
    XP sp3, IE7. Pentium 2GHz, 2GB RAM

I have the same issue. Anyone know a fix for this?

I had the same experience where TeaTimer was not "showing" on the taskbar. Since it is a beta after all... Suspicious, I ran Spybot in Advanced Mode>Tools>Resident and then TeaTimer popped up.

I would suggest you do reboot and see if the "disappearance" of TeaTimer from the taskbar still persists.

Pete was the "Non-responding" message come with something like this?:
    "Access violation at address 004B6BE9 in module 'TeaTimer.exe'. Read of address 00000010."
    Also, Pete, can you explain a little more on how it's not "picking" up registry changes anymore? Spybot-SD 1.6.x introduces the usage of black&whitelists so it'll ease the situation on the prompts that beginner/novice users encounter.
    http://forums.spybot.info/project.php?issueid=271
    --
    Steven, I don't think there is a "fix" for this if you word it that way. What problems are you experiencing?

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post

Steven, I don't think there is a "fix" for this if you word it that way. What problems are you experiencing?
    Same as Pete. TeaTimer issues after updats today. Im still using 1.5.2 btw.
    -TeaTimer doesnt show up in the system tray, but still is on the processes list.
    -When I reboot or shut down TeaTimer hangs with a not responding msg and I have to force quit.
    -I even reinstalled SpyBot 1.5.2 and didnt do the TeaTimer update. Same issue.

I upgraded SpyBot to 1.6 and TeaTimer works again, but wow this new one is a resource hog!!

drragostea -

The "Not Responding" message does not give Access Violation codes, it appears when the system is trying to close TeaTimer at Log-off or Sytem Shut Down. It is the standard Windows message stating that TeaTimer is "Not Responding" and asks if I want to "End Task Now".

As far as I can see, I can no longer access Black & White lists (which I could before).

I checked whether it was picking up registry changes by initiating a change TeaTimer normally reports on (change of User). It no longer reports on this Registry change.

Looking at Steven's reply, I think we may have identical problems.

Steven and I posted at the same time above.

I have not tried updating to Spybot 1.6 due to current issues reported in this forum. Could this be the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by PeteMoon View Post
    I have not tried updating to Spybot 1.6 due to current issues reported in this forum. Could this be the problem?
    Yes, Teatimer 1.6.x requires the corresponding advcheck.dll which comes with Spybot S&D 1.6.
    born in the shadow to die in the shadow, that is the fate of the shinobi

Spybot S&D Downloads

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.

Default I Had Similar (Little Different) w/ TT Update...

I am using 1.6 and during todays update took all offered including the Tea Timer update to 1.6.1. This seems to be the problem source.

I got massive computer slow down (normal 10 second operation,post update now 50-60 seconds)typical of conflicts on board. Tea Timer showed "padlock" square dancing around the S&D Icon near clock for several minutes at boot up.

Immunize seems to have trouble holding it's total # protected (will do 0 unprotected but at next boot show 1600+ not protected.
    Behavior of other protectors also slowed down AVG 7.5, SAS, etc.

Tried System Restore to yesterday & behavior normal. Upon redoing update same problems returned. Tried several times, same result. Have not tried update leaving TT update out.

At moment, running normally on yesterdays sys rest. point settings with all other protectors re-updated for the 3rd time tonight but no S&D update from today. All seems well. Think I'll skip updating S&D 'till I see fix successful in posts here.

Yodama

Shame the Update didn't specify that the updated TeaTimer only works with Spybot 1.6. But thanks for explaining.

I will disable TeaTimer until I'm ready to update to Spybot 1.6