Thread: TeaTimer doesn't work after update

Hello,

Which Spybot version do you run?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Spybot v. 1.5.2.20
    TeaTimer v. 1.6.2.23

Is there a way of "undoing" yesterday's update to TeaTimer?
    Spybot 1.6.2.46, Resident SDHelper ON, TeaTimer Resident ON
    XP sp3, IE7. Pentium 2GHz, 2GB RAM

I'm not sure if this may be the cause, but the problem may appear that the newer/later version of TeaTimer is applied to a older version of it, so it may be causing the problems.

Give version 1.6.0.30 a shot and see how it goes.

Question Missing tea timer

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    I had the same experience where TeaTimer was not "showing" on the taskbar. Since it is a beta after all... Suspicious, I ran Spybot in Advanced Mode>Tools>Resident and then TeaTimer popped up.

I would suggest you do reboot and see if the "disappearance" of TeaTimer from the taskbar still persists.

Pete was the "Non-responding" message come with something like this?:

Also, Pete, can you explain a little more on how it's not "picking" up registry changes anymore? Spybot-SD 1.6.x introduces the usage of black&whitelists so it'll ease the situation on the prompts that beginner/novice users encounter.
    http://forums.spybot.info/project.php?issueid=271
    --
    Steven, I don't think there is a "fix" for this if you word it that way. What problems are you experiencing?
    I can't even find it in Advanced Mode but the Windows Task manager does show it as one of the processes that are running.

Does it still work? Is it still doing its job and why isn't it anywhere in default or advanced mode and why is the icon missing from the tray? Anyone know?

Post Using PMs to ask for help

I had to use a PM to ask for help as I tried to post a new thread and it said I wasn't authorized to. I thought I wasn't authorized to post messages. It turns out I have to find an existing thread and click quote to post so even if the thread is not related to my problem that is what I have to do. Consequently my posts may turn up in completely unrelated threads but when I PMed an administrator it appeared that that was all the site would let me do was PM an administrator.

Aspie, the general idea of using PMs (Personal/Private Message) is message other members... not for help but to say something you wouldn't want others to see in public.

There should be no problems with posting another post/reply in any thread, unless the thread is closed or a thread in the Malware Forums. I'll also suggest that you don't PM a Administer on the forum, unless it is something important.

Aspie, run Spybot-SD>Mode>Advanced Mode>Tools>Resident.
    You'll see the two Resident Shields (SDHelper and TeaTimer).

Question Tea Timer Troubles

Quote Originally Posted by AspieMum View Post
    I can't even find it in Advanced Mode but the Windows Task manager does show it as one of the processes that are running.

Does it still work? Is it still doing its job and why isn't it anywhere in default or advanced mode and why is the icon missing from the tray? Anyone know?
    I've found it now but the boxes were already ticked and unticking them and reticking them doesn't bring the icon back to the task bar or tray.

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    Aspie, the general idea of using PMs (Personal/Private Message) is message other members... not for help but to say something you wouldn't want others to see in public.

There should be no problems with posting another post/reply in any thread, unless the thread is closed or a thread in the Malware Forums. I'll also suggest that you don't PM a Administer on the forum, unless it is something important.

Aspie, run Spybot-SD>Mode>Advanced Mode>Tools>Resident.
    You'll see the two Resident Shields (SDHelper and TeaTimer).
    I've found I can post by clicking quote now. That'll have to do as it isn't just closed ones and the others you mentioned I can't post in- its any. I can only post by clicking quote. Just means stuff won't always be in an appropriate thread unless I can find one.
    Last edited by AspieMum; 2008-08-23 at 00:09.

Yep! same problem. Posted this but seem to have lost it in the forum.
    Quote:-
    TeaTimer icon does not load on Taskbar as usual and then when closing down Windows XP (2) TeaTimer.exe box appears followed by Programme Not Responding . Physical closing of programme is required before computer will shut down. This occurred after carrying out an update on 26/8/08 which included an update for TeaTimer. Running Spy Bot 1.5.2.20.Version. Notice that there is now Versions 1.6 available. Is this a conflict

Lightbulb Follow-Up To Post #9 Tea Timer Update 1.6.1

Just to let all know that in hindsight, I decided that the Tea Timer Update 1.6.1 being the likely culprit, I COULD safely update all BUT TT.

Pleased to say this worked out just fine. Even the immunize seems to be holding properly and operating speed seems, if not normal, very close to it. I have no idea why the TT update should cause a problem.

On a slightly different matter, I have onboard, but NOT currently running in background, Super Anti-Spyware. I noticed that in the preference panel, it, by default ,has 2 boxes checked to prevent changes to home page (anti-hijack).
    Given that my Spybot does this & my old AdawareSE also does this (made sure all entries agreed w/ each other to avoid conflicts) I have disabled those features in SAS. Is it possible these 3 , if all running, would conflict w/ each other (despite all 3 agreeing on the same home/start page)?

With SAS disabled from start-up I don't think it's compounding anything. S&D & AAW SE have always gotten on fine together. Too bad they'll (AAW)stop even manual updates sometime soon. Thanks, Sandy .

Intel P4 3.0 GHtz /80G HD/512Mg RAM/XP Pro SP1 +++chosen patches/CDRW/DVD read only Player/Toshiba Cable Modem/D-link Router w/ 2 active plugins (occasional laptop on it) duplexed/Intel Pro set &graphics/...Sun Java 1.4.2_18/ exclusive used browser:Sea Monkey1.1.11/ Avg Free 7.5 AV/AVG AS (scanner only) Spybot1.6 w/TTimer/Imm, AdawareSE 1.06/CCleaner/ All REMOTE functions disabled (net bios/printer sharing etc.).