Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TeaTimer doesn't work after update

sandybeach

Shame I didn't think of that. Using a Restore Point that is, bit late now. Currently running with TT disabled

For the record I'm not using SAS or AdawareSE, but have the same problem.
    Spybot 1.6.2.46, Resident SDHelper ON, TeaTimer Resident ON
    XP sp3, IE7. Pentium 2GHz, 2GB RAM

Exclamation Familiar Old Problems w/ Todays SD Helper Update...

History: Upon first installing 1.6, with 2 desktops (users) the non-active/ not being used for install desktop's user profile was wiped out completely leaving only MS "default new user desktop" with default background and no files in any folder.

More recently, problems w/ Tea Timer Update 1.6.1 (see above post).

Similar User Profile Corrupted (Upon first installing 1.6,problem) encountered w/today's update for SD Helper 1.6.1: IE Plug-in.

Solved by System Restore back 1 day followed by re-updating but with "unchecking" this item from download list first. Still not taking Tea Timer 1.6.1 update either. Without either of these, S&D cooking along happily enough!

Just thought I'd mention along w/ cure for others sake.!

Intel P4 3.0 GHtz /80G HD/512Mg RAM/XP Pro SP1 +++chosen patches/CDRW/DVD read only Player/Toshiba Cable Modem/D-link Router w 2 active plugins (occasional laptop on it) duplexed/Intel Pro set &graphics/...Sun Java 1.4.2_18/ exclusive used browser:Sea Monkey1.1.12/ Avg Free 7.5 AV/AVG AS (scanner only) Spybot1.6 w/TTimer/ AdawareSE 1.06/CCleaner/ All REMOTE functions disabled (net bios/printer sharing etc.).

Default Sorry! Apparently "Above Post"...

#20, is now last on page #2 so not really above now.

Esteemed Member

Quote Originally Posted by sandybeach View Post
    < SNIP >

Intel P4 3.0 GHtz /80G HD/512Mg RAM/XP Pro SP1 +++chosen patches/CDRW/DVD read only Player/Toshiba Cable Modem/D-link Router w 2 active plugins (occasional laptop on it) duplexed/Intel Pro set &graphics/...Sun Java 1.4.2_18/ exclusive used browser:Sea Monkey1.1.12/ Avg Free 7.5 AV/AVG AS (scanner only) Spybot1.6 w/TTimer/ AdawareSE 1.06/CCleaner/ All REMOTE functions disabled (net bios/printer sharing etc.).
    Unfortunately, you are your own worst enemy. Most of the software you currently list as installed on your PC is so out of date that no matter what you do with Spybot S&D, you will still be at great risk. For example, both the Windows XP Service Pack 1 and the Sun Java versions were EOL (End of Life) in late 2006.

Windows XP SP1 and SP1a support ends on October 10, 2006
    http://support.microsoft.com/gp/lifean19

J2SE 1.4.2 is in its Java Technology End of Life (EOL) transition period
    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html

Your problems with Spybot S&D are likely just a symptom of these much more important issues. It's time to bite the bullet and upgrade everything on your PC, starting with the operating system.

In fact, I'd recommend simply removing the AVG and AdAwareSE completely before you begin, since these versions are only likely to create other issues when you attempt to upgrade the Windows XP OS to Service Pack 3.

If you are uncomfortable doing this, then you should either find a friend or local computer support organization that can help you. Otherwise, there are other online support forums that specialize in such aid.

Bitman

Talking spybot icon not showing up

Hi, I've had one computer that the spybot icon stopped showing up. I can log off and back on and it reappears. It may be that teatimer is different version that main program which causes the problem but I don't think so. I believe that it's a taskbar glitch. Try this and let me know if it fixes your problem. :

go to "My Network Places" folder
    have your folder options be "Show common tasks in folders"
    on the side panel, select “Hide icons for networked uPnP devices”

Icon may be visible now, if not reboot and see if clean boot makes it appear.

Default teatimer:

Quote Originally Posted by Steven C View Post
    I have the same issue. Anyone know a fix for this?
    Not being computer genie I am experiencing similar situation as I attempt
    to shutdown acer laptop running microsoft os vista. window pops up
    stating teatimer stopping mach. from shutting down. Appreciate any and
    all assistance. Have been using spybot combined with adaware for years.
    Never had any difficulty's until past couple months. ?????????

Default Help me get TeaTimer to run on startup

Hello all, sorry to break in here but I've been searching everywhere and can't seem to find an answer to my problem. I installed SB S&D 1.6 just recently, following an installation of Avast 4.8. The SB scan did pick up a few things that avast missed, including a Trojan - very good! However, even though I've checked the run on startup boxes in the resident settings, and TeaTimer appears in the startup menu, it doesn't run (Or appear in the task mgr) unless I start SB and bring up the Resident in tools. And of course there's no TT icon in the toolbar. The boxes remain checked, all I have to do is bring up the resident page in SB and TT starts. I can also get it to run by dbl-clicking the TeaTimer.exe file without starting SB. I am perplexed????

I am running win98se with the orig Norton 2000 AV still installed. Long since expired - last update definitions are May '05! (Yes I know [now] that I'm not supposed to run more than 1 AV but I wasn't aware of that when I installed the Avast, and everything seemed to run fine. Also, the Norton appears on the DOS boot screen and I'm a little concerned about removing it as it's orig with the computer.) Also prior to Avast I installed something called GaruYac AV which found some "malicious processes" but I've got no idea what it did with them. That's when I went for Avast, and SB S&D. I suppose I should remove Norton and GaruYac, but the last time I started removing things I crashed the computer and had to do an OS reinstall May '05. Obviously I'm no computer genius!

Sorry if I've been long winded but I just wanted to be clear about what's happening.
    Thank's in advance for any insight...

Default CPU load on Vista machine

I have experienced similar surprisingly high CPU load on my Vista machine. This has a 2007 dual core Athlon processor, and teatimer uses just under 4 minutes of CPU time on startup (compared to a few seconds for the antivirus software). This seems excessive to me, and is quite a downside. Several minutes more time are used throughout a session. I noticed this load as I was trying to identify the cause of a fatal error on my computer, which necessitated pulling the plug regularly, but I have no solid connection between the two problems.