Thread: OXO.exe...Help, computer invaded.....

Default OXO.exe...Help, computer invaded.....

Hi, could do with some help here. I posted a message on Yahoo for a hack for my DVD recorder to make it region free and some git decided to post a reply that downloaded a virus. Now my PC is doing some funny things....

I've got spybot resident installed and I keep getting boxes on screen saying "Resident denied the change of tsxngabr (category Shell services)" there's also another one with what looks like a registry key but it goes off before I can read it fully (says Category Browser Helper Object after it)

When I downloaded the piece of software (called superhacker) I did scan it prior to opening it and it came back that it was clear.

I also virus scanned it once I extracted the files (one called oxo.exe and the other viruss something or other) Yes, I know I shouldn't have run something that had another program called virus but I did virus scan first! When I ran the program I realised that it was something nasty so selected "no" to every question that spybot threw at me.

I now appear to be in a loop with whatever it is still trying to do whatever it's trying to do, spybot won't let it so I keep getting boxes up the right hand of the screen on my desktop.

One thing I have noticed now is I've got a pop-up for systemdefender security centre that I didn't have before.

Help.... If you want me to run hijack this then let me know.

If anyone's interested, here's the link in Yahoo... Might help you to help me....

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question...0002357AAWjeHV

Default Whoops....

Reported the user to Yahoo and they've removed the answer - doesn't help me mind you!

Hello,

"BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)

If you still need assistance please start again.

Cheers.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016