Thread: !!!

Default !!!

Help. Since pressing remember this decision I'm unable to connect to my ISP. I can't recall what the decision was!
    I get the message- waiting for reply. I've tried system restore to no avail.
    Are the two connected?
    Can I undo remember this decision?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

windrush:

If you check "Remember this decision" on a change, the information concerning that change it is stored in a file. TeaTimer uses that information to automatically "Allow" or "Deny" similar registry changes for all future changes. To edit that information:
    • Right click on the TeaTimer system tray icon and select Settings. This will bring up TeaTimer's "White & Black List". There are four (4) Buttons across the top of the "White & Black List":
      • Allowed registry changes
      • Blocked registry changes
      • Allowed processes
      • Blocked processes
    • You can review all the entries that you have stored by clicking on these buttons. The entries that you should review are in either "Allowed registry changes" or "Blocked registry changes" because you didn't indicate if you did an "Allow change" or "Deny change".
    • You can delete entries by clicking on the scripted black "X" to the right of the entry that you want to delete, answering "Yes" to the confirmation dialog and then clicking the "OK" button when you're done.
    After you have done that, the next time a similar registry change occurs TeaTimer will issue a registry change dialog rather than automatically allow or deny the change.

There is no facility within TeaTimer to reverse any Registry change decisions. Removing the "Remember this decision" does not change the original decision you made, either "Allow change" or "Deny change". You have to redo whatever you were doing so that the Registry change is done again (or manually edit the Registry).

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Sorry but I'm new to all this- how do I find the TeaTimer system tray icon?
    Your help is much appreciated.

it looks like this, it is near the clock:
    Last edited by blues; 2008-08-22 at 14:47.