Thread: Coming to normal after Spyware removal

Default Coming to normal after Spyware removal

Hi Everybody:
    I got infected with "worm.win32.netbooster" a couple of days ago..yes embarasing .
    After fighting with the spyware many hours I finally remove it with the help of spybot (congratulation to its writers!). At least Spybot and Spyware Doctor do not find any spyware anymore.
    I recovered my desktop, access to regedit, view of "Alle Programme" (All programs, my XP home edition SP3 system is in german), and I can use again "Task manager".
    However I still have some problems:
    1) right to the date one can read the message "VIRUS ALERT!"
    2) By opening a new windows I still don't see my partition C: (the only one that I have). I can manually change to C: typing in the address bar, and then I can see all my files. The "VIRUS ALERT!" message is attached to the date for all files.
    3) After clickin in START, I don't see the normal right panel with items like "Systemconfiguration", etc.

I have use already hijackthis to solve some problems with the registers, but I am still missing something to come back to normal.
    Any help is very welcome.

Thanks!!!!!

In Memoriam -Always in our heart pskelley's Avatar

Welcome to Safer Networking, I wish to be sure you have viewed and understand this information.
    "BEFORE you POST" (READ this Procedure before Requesting Assistance)
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
    All advice given is taken at your own risk.
    Please make sure you have read this information so we are on the same page.
    I have use already hijackthis to solve some problems with the registers,
    Do NOT run 'FIXES' before helpers have analyzed the HJT log
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=16806

Sorry about the wait, if you still need help read the directions, they are also pinned (sticky) to the top of the forum. Post the HJT log described there and I will be glad to take a look.

Thanks
    MS-MVP Consumer Security 2007-08-09
    Proud Member ASAP
    UNITE Member 2006

In Memoriam -Always in our heart pskelley's Avatar

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team
    a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

If it has been five days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh HijackThis log and a link to your previous thread.

If it has been less than five days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send me or your helper a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
    MS-MVP Consumer Security 2007-08-09
    Proud Member ASAP
    UNITE Member 2006