Thread: HELP! I've lost ALL my detection definitions!

Default HELP! I've lost ALL my detection definitions!

I am new to this forum and wish to thank any and everyone in advance for help with my problem and for letting me post here with you.

When installing the new Version 1.6 of Spybot-S&D, when it came up on the new detections update list on Wed. 8/20/08, the Installer Wizard 'could not complete the installation without a restart'. Once rebooted, the installer was not available. I then tried an install from this home page. The installer went further than previous and completed. However, when I went to Immunize, there where now 0 detection definitions in my archive. I now have virtually no protection. Is there a place, here at Safer Network, I may download all of these old definitions?

I am running w/Windows XP SP2.
    Last edited by user438; 2008-08-24 at 22:02. Reason: highlighting

However, when I went to Immunize, there where now 0 detection definitions in my archive.
    Could you clarify this for me,please?What do you see when you click Immunize in Spybot?
    Also,could you open Spybot,click mode->advanced mode->Settings->File Sets.Do you see a long list of stuff in there,or is it just one or two things?

Hello,

You just need to search for updates and download them.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default from starter: Problem semi-solved

I am 'user438' and I have semi-solved my problem myself. I re-downloaded Version 1.52 (and a few other downloads that looked promissing) from the Safer Networking home page (here) and got got my detection definitions back. I had to re-'Check Again' in 'Immunize' which showed the definitions there (64000+) but '0' were protected. I knew I was on my way home at this point. All I had to do was 'Immunize' them all again.

Now I say semi-solved because this is Version 1.52. I am happy with this at this point, but I still have to attempt updating to Version 1.6 again. We'll see.

For those that responded to my problem, thank you for your interest to help.

I shall return from time to time, maybe I can help someone else in return.

If you mean you downloaded from the Spybot home page/download page,it should be version 1.6.I didn't see older versions available from any of the mirrors.This page:
    http://www.spybot.info/en/download/index.html
    Unless you mean you downloaded an older version of Spybot from the forum(here),somewhere.

Are you having any problems when checking for updates,after Spybot is installed,so you went back a version,or anything like that?

If you are a newer user,there's a how to update tutorial here:
    http://www.spybot.info/en/howto/update.html
    And a first run tutorial on here:
    http://www.spybot.info/en/tutorial/index.html