http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...503#post227503

Hello, yesterday i had discovered that my computer has been infected with some spyware and was wonding if i could get some advice about it. Spybot S&D has discovered that i probably have been infected with Virtumonde (and another piece of spyware that I cannot remember that name of at this point( something with a C variant)). However after trying nemerous times using spybot to remove these i have been unsucessful and have developed futher symptons, now I am unable to log in properly as my userinit.exe will not run properly and have been for some time experiencing trouble with the control panel which I have recently found out is another sympton of the secondary peice of software.

in short, symptons include:
blue windows '98-2000 background.
control panel crashing/not opening
userinit.exe corrupted/enountering problems (because of this i fear that i will not be able to run HJT(although i am unsure if it will run in safe mode))

For the record, i have read the before you post threds in the malware removal forum, the thread on file sharing(which i have been doing recently(also norton has had pop-ups alerting me that i have been attempted to be attacked during the time of downloading on uTorrent)).

If I should've just posted this in the malware removal forum if it could be moved i would appreciate it, and thank you in advance to anyone who helps me.
After getting a reply to that topic I have posted here to request help removing these programs. Currently I am unable to provide a HJT log as my userinit.exe will crash/get a runtime error while logging in and does not run explorer.exe so far safe mode has not corrected this and I am unsure how to proceed. If any help could be offered on the userinit before getting onto the virtumonde and SmitFraud.C. that would probably be the easiest course of action.

P.S. due to the userinit error I am currently posting on a different machine.