Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't get rid of problems

Unhappy Can't get rid of problems

I have ran several checks with spybot and managed to fix some of the problems. But there are 4 that I can't seem to get rid of.
    FunWebProducts - 3 PUPs
    and MyWay.MyWeb.Search 1 PUP

Ad-Aware will not do a full scan it comes up with an error
    I guess its all linked.

Can anyone help please.

Simple instructions would be welcome

Thank you

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by water_farie View Post
    I have ran several checks with spybot and managed to fix some of the problems. But there are 4 that I can't seem to get rid of.
    FunWebProducts - 3 PUPs
    and MyWay.MyWeb.Search 1 PUP
    These are all associated with the same product.
    The following might help
    http://www.pchell.com/support/mywebsearch.shtml

Thank you I will go take a look

Question

HI Greyfox
    I tried the web site you gave me and you have to pay to use the 'perfect uninstaller'
    I ahve managed to get rid of 2 of the problems but I don't seem to be able to get rid of the other 2
    FunWebProducts 2 PUPS
    Spybot says it cannot fix the problem because it may be in the memory
    I have Windows XP
    Ad Aware managed to fix the other two and when I rescanned it the last two did not come up in the test results.
    I have deleted the fun web programs from the download and add and remove in the control panel.
    I am now at a loss about what to do now, as my computer knowledge is limited.
    Anyone got any ideas please

Smile

water_farie,

The web page I mentioned has a detailed explanation of how to manually remove the FunWeb product, and it was this information I though you might be able to use. Yes there are adds elsewhere on the page for various problems, but I wasn't pointing you to these.

Did you try the instructions for manually removing the FunWeb products?

For files that Spybot can't remove because they are in use, you can try running Spybot on bootup. I recommend you disable Teatimer whilst you do this.

Start Spybot, if it is not already in Advanced mode, click on Mode, click on Advanced, click on yes. Now click on Tools, then Resident. Untick the Teatimer entry.

Now click on Settings, then settings again, scroll down the settings page until you come to the System Start group, click on Run program once at next system start up.

Reboot the computer. Spybot will start up, run a full scan and then fix any items it has found. Once this has been completed, exit Spybot and reboot again. Once the problem is solved you can re-enable Teatimer if you had it enabled before.

Well, if I were you, I wouldn't pay for the 'uninstaller'. I do not see how it can purge the entries that Spybot-SD found by "uninstalling".

New updates have been released (August 27, 2008). Can you update Spybot in Normal Boot?

Then reboot the computer and tap F8 and start in 'Safe Mode'. I would suggest you disconnect from the Internet (modem; if you have a DSL+ connection). Then run a full scan with Spybot-SD.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    Well, if I were you, I wouldn't pay for the 'uninstaller'. I do not see how it can purge the entries that Spybot-SD found by "uninstalling".
    drragostea,
    If you look at the link I posted, you will see that there is no mention of needing to purchase anything to remove the FunWeb product - the page contains instructions for manually removing the particular software. Like many web pages it also contains advertisements.

Well, Greyfox, it was just my opinion : ). A mere suggestion.

Thank you both for trying to help me.
    Greyfox, maybe I did not read the page properly and I thought I had to go to one of the pages that was posted on there, I will go and look again, My Apoligies.....

drragostea
    I will also try what you have suggested, I don't know what teatimer is but I will see what I can do, Thank you for your time.

Thank you both and I will let you know how I get on!!!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by water_farie View Post
    .... I don't know what teatimer is...
    water_farie,

Teatimer is also known as the System settings protector. It monitors attempted changes to certain parts of the Windows registry, and also monitors processes being started. This FAQ might also help.

http://www.spybot.info/en/faq/33.html