Thread: TeaTimer scanning logonui.exe?

Default TeaTimer scanning logonui.exe?

Hello,

A couple of days ago I noticed repeated balloon tooltips notifying me that TeaTimer was scanning logonui.exe. I think I know what logonui.exe is, and I was surprised to see it being scanned repeatedly during a session. Should I be concerned, or is this normal? Or if I need to take further troubleshooting steps, what should they be?

Yesterday's full S&D scan did not turn up any immediate threats. NAV also does not report any threats.

Win XP SP1
    Spybot S&D 1.6.0.31

TIA,

g

logonui.exe is a system process relating to the Microsoft Windows XP user switching screen, so don't worry it is safe.

When you start TeaTimer it will begin to scan your processes. If this bothers you, you can always right-click on the TeaTimer icon in the taskbar and untick "Show info. balloons".

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    logonui.exe is a system process relating to the Microsoft Windows XP user switching screen, so don't worry it is safe.

When you start TeaTimer it will begin to scan your processes. If this bothers you, you can always right-click on the TeaTimer icon in the taskbar and untick "Show info. balloons".
    Thanks. Here's the thing, though -- I'd done a little research and that's what I thought logonui.exe was, but why would TeaTimer be scanning it, especially when I'm in the middle of a session?

I like having the TeaTimer balloons, it keeps me more on top of what my system is doing. Most of the time I know what TeaTimer is scanning,and why. I'm just not sure why it scanned logonui.exe at that time.

Right now logonui.exe is not showing up in the process list of Windows Task Manager. I've read elsewhere that it's invisible -- not sure if it's an invisible file or an invisible process, so it might never show up in the process list.

What causes logonui.exe to be invoked and scanned?

TIA, again.

--g