Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default persistent infection

sorry if am posting in the wrong place

I have windows xp pro sp2....and I have spybot the new one
    man I hate spyware and malware

I keep scanning my computer and every time it gets the sames results

Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter_disabled
    Microsoft.Windows.System

is there any way get them out of my system ?

If you click on Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter_disabled,then click the area to the right with the arrows on it,Spybot should give you this description:
    Company:
    Product: Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter_disabled
    Threat: Security

Functionality
    if the Windows Security Center is disabled this entry will be shown

Description
    Malware can disable the Windows Security Center to make your System more vulnerable.

If you have other security software suit installed, this may also deactivate the Windows Security Center to avoid double warning messages.
    I also see this description for Microsoft.Windows.System within Spybot:
    [Microsoft.Windows.System]
    Product=Windows.System
    Company=Microsoft
    Threat=Changed Settings
    CompanyURL=
    CompanyProductURL=
    CompanyPrivacyURL=
    Functionality=Registry changes about the Windows System.If this Item is beeing found, it does not necessarily mean an infection.Some Malware like CWS and Smitfraud variants change these settings. It is also possible that these settings have been changed by an administrator (if you have one) or by a legitimate software.Windows System Registry changes include Displaysettingmenus and Controlpanel
    Privacy=
    Description=These Settings can normally not be reversed via the normal Windows User Interface.Some settings pose security risks and some are just annoyances.Also, some settings are redundant, meaning that they can be changed at various positions in the registry thus changing one value may not be enough.
    Have you been having any other noticable problems on your computer,besides Spybot detecting those two problems?

Will this help (even a tiny bit)?
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=33238
    --

Yes.But I need to find out if Security Center was disabled by mfc007,a security app did it,or if malware might be involved.

And also about Microsoft.Windows.System,as well.

I never disable
    Microsoft windows Securety Center
    or microsoft windows system

am 100% that is malware, ohh and when I try to go online to do any update for spybot or any other security program it wont let me and when I open internet explorer or FireFox everything looks normal but when I type spybot it will show another website I think my browsers got high jack

On my desktop instead of my regular wallpaper I have a blue screen with a message ( warning Spyware detected on you computer! ) and on the bottom
    warning! win32/Adware.Virtumonde
    warning! win32/PrivacyRemover.M64

I tried to enable security center manually, after I boot my computer the settings go back to disable.
    I went to control panel, security center and I click on windows firewall and I get this message ( Due to an unidentified problem , Windows cannot display windows Firewall settings. I also tried to uninstall norton internet securety and I noticed that Norton internet Securety uninstall button is missing on add and remove programs

sorry for my grammar is bad