Thread: Partial immunization -- issue?

Default Partial immunization -- issue?

I am including a jpg image of my SS&D (partial) immunization. For whatever reasson, the program cannot immunize many parts of my Windows IE.

Here is what I am getting:

http://i309.photobucket.com/albums/k...BOT8-29-08.jpg

PLEASE ADVISE ON WHETHER OR NOT THIS IS A ISSUE? More specifically...

Is my PC vulnerable?

Can settings be changes so provide COMPLETE immunization?

Thanks,

Louis
    Last edited by Louisaz; 2008-08-29 at 20:49. Reason: emphasis

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Louisaz:

What Windows OS are you running?

What version of Spybot - Search & Destroy are you running (Spybot » Help » About)?

What other anti-malware products are you running (anti-spyware, anti-virus, firewall,etc.).

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Response

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    Louisaz:

What Windows OS are you running?

What version of Spybot - Search & Destroy are you running (Spybot » Help » About)?

What other anti-malware products are you running (anti-spyware, anti-virus, firewall,etc.).
    I'm running XP (SP3), latest version of SS&D with updates [downloaded from site -- program could not connect to updater]. My active protection is AVAST, WinPatrol and the default settings in the IP software (Yahoo). I frequently scan my PC with several different programs and it is virus and malware free. The CPU is a Pentium 4 with 3 gigs of SDRAM and (for a 1-lunger) it is very quick [2.8ghz CPU].

My IP is ATT/Yahoo [high-speed DSL]. They have security settings and features that COULD have some barriers to immunization [my guess]. However, I have NO problems updating and running other programs -- ONLY with SS&D. Hmmmmmmmmm.....

I've noted my problems with the updater in other posts. This one is related to the partial immunization.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Louisaz; 2008-08-29 at 23:20. Reason: typo

Louisaz (Louis):

I don't recognize any of the software that you say you are running as inhibiting immunization. Also the count on Internet Explorer (32 bit) - \SOFTWARE (Plugins) looks low even though is says it is fully immunized.

The only thing that I can suggest is to try to undo the immunization, attempt to immunize again and see of the counts remain the same or they change.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Immunization responses remain the same -- incomplete

What is most interesting about this issue is that it seems to be endemic. It occurs with different operating systems, and PCs that run and do not run Firefox [I don't use it].

Most of my un-immunized areas are related to my (current) Windows IE program.

Also, when looking at the history, it appears that it has been ongoing for more than a year.

I'm beginning to suspect that those programmers who are working on this issue are not using Windows IE and, therefore are not encountering the problem.

Louis
    Last edited by Louisaz; 2008-08-31 at 18:03. Reason: expand response

Louisaz:

Did you try to undo the immunization and then immunize again? If so what were the results?

Talking Undo immunization and then re-do

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    Louisaz:

Did you try to undo the immunization and then immunize again? If so what were the results?
    When I ran the UNDO immunization and then re-immunized, the protection was COMPLETE! Nothing was left out. That seems to FIX that issue.

[Now, if I can get the updater to connect to the update server...I'll be a happy camper.]

Thanks.

Louis

You might have to configure your firewall to allow the Spybot Updater to connect to the internet.