Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: System Settings Protector?

Default System Settings Protector?

Every time my PC starts up, I get a warning from Windows that the "System Settings Protector" has to close. When I followed the link on the error report, Microsoft reported the problem arising with Spybot. I recently updated to Spybot 1.6.0 which is when the problem started coming up. Other than that, the computer runs great, but I was worried this might be the sign of a greater problem. I have a Dell Dimension 4600 with Windows XP and a variety of different programs. Please help and any further questions I will answer as soon as possible.

Hello,

We would like to research this case further.
    Please send us a complete bug report. In order to do so, please run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to Advanced Mode via the menu item Mode, let it scan, try to fix the problems (!) and then go to "Tools" --> "View Report". Tick all the 10 checkboxes (leave "Do not report disabled or known legitimate items" unchecked) you can find there and click on "View Report". Now choose "Export" and save the file to your desktop. Please attach this file to your email and send it again to detections(at)spybot.info.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Just to say that I also have this problem.

I also recently upgraded Spybot but the error message about the Systems Settings Protector only started a few days ago, not immediately I upgraded.

I will email the report as Sandra requested.

Anne

Default System Settings Protector

I have the same problem every time I start Windows. Underneath the close down window is an application error window which says:
    Exception EOutOfResources in module Teatimer.exe at 00468FC. Cannot create shell notification icon.

Default System Settings Protector

Further to my previous email if I close down the application error window and run TeaTimer.exe from the Spybot folder the programme runs and the icon appears in the task bar.

Default Replys from Spybot

Apparently, they are looking into it. It doesn't seem to affect my system one way or another, but when I see an error message pop up, I start to worry. Anyone have any ideas about this? By the way, what is the "System Settings Protector"?

Lightbulb system settings protector.....

is teatimer, see: http://www.spybot.info/en/faq/index.html for frequently asked questions on teatimer (system settings protector) Also you can find some common questions you may have there. I hope that answers huntleyrussell's question.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

huntleyrussell:

spybotsandra requested information. Did you send it?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

And I too have exactly the same problem although I can not recall if I or spybot made updates.

I have scanned and completed a log as above and sent it to detections (at) spybot.info

Default Reply

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    huntleyrussell:

spybotsandra requested information. Did you send it?
    Yes. I sent the report to detections@spybot.info. Did y'all receive it? I sent it from huntleyrussell@gmail.com.