Thread: Spybot Offline Installation possible?

Default Spybot Offline Installation possible?

hi there. My question: Is ist possible to install Spybot on an offline-PC. I mean a PC which has no network-card and no access to Internet.
    I tried this and it didnīt work. (I couldnīt find the answer in FAQ).

Default /should/ be do-able

Actually, I prefer to do installs offline (as AV, firewall and all other protections or services may be closed to ensure a fairly clean working environment), about the only thing you really need to do is uncheck the pre-checked option to download updates immediately after install. Be sure and check the spybotsd160.exe (installer) and the current spybotsd_includes.exe (detection updates) against their respective md5s posted on http://www.spybot.info/en/download/index.html - just to be certain that the files haven't been corrupted (happened to me just the other evening when I moved an installer from a usb thumbdrive to the hardisk would have been better leaving it as-was .. sure enough when I checked the md5 it was different than originally downloaded).

When you install on the non-connected comp, during the install UNcheck the option to immediately download updates .. make your install preferences .. install .. follow the wizard steps for the initial run but skip the step to immediately update. Put all your settings as you like but untick any settings that depend on an internet connection (if the comp is to remain isolated). Exit SSD. Then simply doubleclick the spybotsd_includes.exe and it will update the installation (there may be a message of the path it takes to the install dir of SSD). You should be good to go after that. I find it handy to download each week's includes file to a date-named dir on a usb thumbdrive.

hth )

Default thanks.

I made it now. Maybe I had a bad file. thx