Thread: A way to recover the deleted Temp files?

Default A way to recover the deleted Temp files?

Hey guys, I made a pretty dumb error while I was installing spybot. I got the prompt to clean out the Temp folder in order to make the scanning go faster.* I thought it'd just put the files (of which there were many) into the recycling bin, or it'd just back them up.* Basically, I find out later that I deleted a lot of important files that weren't backed up on a secondary device.* Does anyone know a way to recover the files in the Temp? I'd appreciate any help. Thanks in advance,Andrew

Default Bad feature

I made the same mistake, I lost several Gigs of much needed data. The tool shouldn't default to delete the files.

Does anyone know a way to recover the files in the Temp?
    you could try to recover them with recuva www.recuva.com however i couldnt get recuva to recover some system files that got deleted, i couldnt find them.

How did you get important data into the Temp folder?

Even Windows does clean this folder when your hard disk storage gets low, and the name "Temporary" expresses its non-persistant state quite clerly I would've thought

Please don't take this question wrong: could you explain why you put important files there? If you want the default changed, it would help me to understand why people do this.

But if you put them into the recycler bin, undoind shoulb be easy - open the recycler and drag them out of it?

Etherwise, follow blues' suggestion - a good recovery tool should be able to restore files if its not been too long and you haven't done too many other file operations afterwards.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)