Thread: Alert on Booting

Default Alert on Booting

I have Windows XP Media Center Edition, avast! anti- virus 4.8 Home and Spybot S&D ver 1.6.0.30 with System setting protector 1.6.2.23 installed on a Dell Inspiron 1.66 MHz, 60 GB hard disk and 1 GB RAM (Duo). Every time I boot my computer, I get the following message before I can start work:
    Alert
    System setting protector
    System setting protector has enncoutered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
    If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost. For more information about this error click here.

Two options given are: 'Debug' and ''Clear'. I can click on either and start my work.
    If I click on 'Click here' above, I get the following information:
    Error signature
    App Name teatimes.exe. App Ver 1.6.2.23 Mod Name kernel32.dll
    Mod ver 5.1.2600.3119 offset 00012a5b
    To view technical information about the error report, click here.

If I click here, I get a long report in technical terms, which are all above me.

Could some one please guide me how to eliminate this 'Alert'? I can always get out of the way and start my work but its wording indicates that it could occur in the middle of some some work that I might be doing at a certain time.

Hello Peter,

Several users have reported this problem and we search for things in common.
    All use Windows XP with Service Pack 3. All use Spybot. But lot of others do this also and do not get this error.
    So there has to be something else.

Do you have any other security software installed?
    Perhaps there is something with the hardware of your pc.
    Which pc do you have?
    A special brand?
    What kind of processor do you have?
    How much RAM do you have?
    Do you have any other hardware like a tv card?

Thanks for working with us on this issue. :-)

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default Alert on Booting

I have the same problem which started Wednesday or Thursday after Microsoft installed some more of whatever it is that they periodically install.

I had previously installed the latest version of SpyBot--on Monday, I think.

I'm running XP Home Edition 2002 on a 2005 Dell Inspiron I6000. It has an Intel Pentium processor running at 1.60GHz with 512 MB of RAM.

I also have AdAware 2008, version 0118.0000, Spyware Blaster, version 4.1 and McAfee Virus Scan, version 12.1. All of these are up-to-date.

I hope this information helps.

Thank you - Barbara

Lightbulb Also...

please see this thread as it is the same issue you are experiencing.

Its found here: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=32484

Please remain in your thread, but I just thought i would give it as reference for you to watch in case they find a solution there. You can compare if you have the same software, and hardware that others have, as they are experiencing this exact same issue. You might be able to see from that thread what is causing this problem, etc. Just thought i would add this as a reference for you.