Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: need help with zlob.DNSchanger

Emeritus- Security Expert peku006's Avatar

Hi yawsa

Let us take a deeper look

OTScanIt

Download OTScanIt to your Desktop and double-click on it to extract the files. It will create a folder named OTScanIt on your desktop.
    • Open the OTScanIt folder and double-click on OTScanIt to start the program.
      • In the Files Created Within group click 30 days
      • In the Files Modified Within group select 30 days
      • In the File String Search group select Non-Microsoft
    • Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar.
    • When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.
    • Click the Format menu and make sure that Wordwrap is not checked. If it is then click on it to uncheck it.

Please post the resulting log here.

Please post the following log in your reply:

OtScanIt log

Thanks peku006
    I don't help with logs thru PM. If you have problems create a thread in the forum, please.

Hi Pekku,

i can't get OTScanIt working. it says, "internet explorer cannot display the webpage".

Hi yawsa
    in IE it's Right Click OTScanIt and choose “Save Target As"

peku006
    I don't help with logs thru PM. If you have problems create a thread in the forum, please.

Hello!

Do you still need help

It has been three days since my last post.

Do you still need help with this?
    Do you need more time?
    Are you having problems following my instructions?

Note: If after 48hrs you have not replied to this thread then it will have to be CLOSED!

Hi Pekku,

i'm so sorry..

ok, when i tried to 'save target as' the site it says "Internet Explorer cannot download OTScanIt.exe from download.bleepingcomputer.com. The site was not found. Make sure the address is correct and try again."

Hi yawsa

i still have this problem. i tried searching in yahoo but it still keeps me ridirect on other website
    Can you tell me where ?

for example, when you're on yahoo mail there's a netflicks icon on the left side. but now instead of a picture it became X. and some certain sites on viewing some GIFs they became X's too. .
    What's happening if yuo click that X ?

Thanks peku006

Hi Pekku,

well, now it's weird. whenever i search on yahoo and click one of the search results it doesn't do ridirection anymore instead the annoying "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" pops up. my yahoo search engine just got affected because when i try searching on google i can go to the site that i want to.

when i click the red X it leads me to the site itself, it's just the .GIF that doesn't show up. and on my yahoo email a .JPG got affected too, it doesn't show the picture. and some part-of-the-page ad pops "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

my computer's really weird.

Hi Pekku,

ok, i tried searching again on yahoo. it still ridirects me. when i click one of the search results "http://results.yahoo.com/" pops and a "continue" button shows up after awhile it will instantly ridirects. it ridirects me to http://clicks.smartbizsearch.com and as far as i remember a ztomy.com site keeps popping. i'm thinking there are different ridirect sites when i do some searching on yahoo. and oh yea, when i go back on the search results and click the one i clicked before it will now go to the site that i want.

Hi yawsa

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

1 - Scan With ComboFix

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running ComboFix -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

Please ensure you read this guide carefully and install the Recovery Console first.

The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery (repair) mode. This allows us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.

Once installed, you should see a blue screen prompt that says -

The Recovery Console was successfully installed.

Please continue as follows -

• Close/Disable all anti-virus and anti-malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
    • Click Yes to allow ComboFix to continue scanning for malware.

When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you.

2 - Run Hijackthis
    Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad

3 - Status Check
    Please reply with

1. the ComboFix log(C:\ComboFix.txt)
    2. a fresh HijackThis log

Thanks peku006

goto to control panel and then internet options and make sure that your usual home page is listed and chosen

Hi Pekku,

again, that site doesn't want to open it. "internet cannot view webpage blahblah.." :( also tried save target as and it says "internet explorer cannot download how-to-use-combofix from www.bleepingcomputer.com. the site was not found. make sure the address is correct, and try again." i don't know what i did to my computer because it suddenly can't view some sites(like the one im having right now) and my problem with .GIFs