Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Removed Trojan with TrojanHunter 4.5 still like for you to have a look at HJT log

Security Expert-Emeritus steamwiz's Avatar

It should be OK with just either one of the sticks in... maybe slower, that's all...

What I would like to know is with just the 64MB in, does it show 64MB

Then we know for certain it is the 128MB stick which is showing short...

steam
    MICROSOFT MVP - Security 2004/9 .member of ASAP since 2004 - member of U.N.I.T.E

Default Thanks for the go ahead Steamwiz

I will put it on my to do list for tomorrow.

Since I last wrote, I have been checking out a program called autoruns from sysinternals. Are you familiar with the program?
    I ran a scan with all options checked and it was unbelievable how many programs and registry entries are run at startup. I realize that a great many are necesary but it is hard to believe that they all are. I saved logs of the scans so if you are familiar with the program and have the time and inclination to look at it I will be happy to post that as well.
    I thoroughly enjoyed your site as well as some of the others you listed. I have not had time to check them all thoroughly but have already benefited from my limited time there. I have bookmarked them all and will be spending some time there. Thank you for your continuing efforts at educating another newbie. I just hope I can retain all of this new information.

Thanks again for all of your time and effort
    BigRabbit
    Thanks for your time and efforts, they are appreciated more than you know.
    BigRabbit

Hi

Yes I have the autoruns program, a lot of programs run in the background and are neccessary...

Depending on your configuration and the programs you have installed, your autoruns will be unique... there may well be programs and files running which I do not recognise ... unless you think something doesn't look right ... it would take a lot of time to check it out, on the off-chance....

I thoroughly enjoyed your site ....
    If that's the ASAP link you are referring to... that isn't my site, but it's a good site to look round...

Actually this is my site :- http://www.help2go.com/forum5.html

cheers

steam
    MICROSOFT MVP - Security 2004/9 .member of ASAP since 2004 - member of U.N.I.T.E

Default full steam ahead

Thanks to steam:D ,
    Turns out the 128 stick is bad! I will have to get new one. May just get two since I am so short on Ram. May resolve the majority of my issues.
    I thoroughly enjoyed your site steam. I have bookmarked it for continued reference. I am learning a lot by lurking in these forums and checking out all of the info sites recommended in them. Hope my brain can take the strain of all these new wrinkles.
    Many thanks to you steam, you have been a Godsend.
    Thanks for your time and efforts, they are appreciated more than you know.
    BigRabbit

HI

You're very welcome

Happy surfing

steam

As the problem appears to be resolved this topic will be archived.

If you need it re-opened please send me a pm and provide a link to the thread.

Glad we could help.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016