Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Windows No Disk Error Message

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Windows No Disk Error Message

When running Spybot S&D 1.4, I keep getting the error message "Windows No Disk" in the error box is the message "There is no disk in the Drive, Please insert a disk into the drive" No drive letter is specified. I've tried putting disks in every drive, & still get the message. I have to hit the "cancel" or "continue" key several hundred times to get the scan to complete. I do not have this problem on my laptop or computers at work. I've even tried uninstalling and re-installing Spybot. Nothing seems to help. How can I fix this problem??

Default No Disc in Drive:D - Please insert Disc!

I also have a similar problem when scanning
    Please , someone , help with this removal...bcoz it re-appears when u rescan with Spybot.

Please have a look at this link to get this problem fixed:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;330137
    "The advantage of wisdom is that you can always act the fool. The opposite is quite tough."

K. Tucholsky

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.

Thank you for your reply.
    Please correct me if I am wrong...but doesn't that article refer to the message obtained when you start your pc.

I am getting the message of " no disk in drive" when I am half way into spybot scan....especially when Spybot programs is running .

I have noticed that the message pops up when the scan is searching for Ist.Bar or something similar.

Please advise. Thank you for your time.

An addition to my previous post : the specific name is ISearchTech.ISTBar and the Drive mentioned is "D".

If this info is of any help , please advise.

Hello.
    Do you have Spybot installed in it's default location?

C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

I suspect your problem may be related to some of the recent security fixes for XP rather than Spybot. A friend of mine who runs XP (I have Windows 2000) has the same problem after he logs on, but without running Spybot.

I suggest you leave the message on the screen and start Task Manager. Pick the "APPLICATIONS" tab in task manager. Highlight the "Windows - No Disk" application in the Task Manager. Then RIGHT click on it and select "Go To Process" That will move you to the processes tab and highlight the process issuing the message. On my friend's machine, that is CSRSS.EXE. What is it on your machine? Do NOT try to terminate the process; it is part of the operating system.

I suspect patch KB902400 had something to do with this problem; it was the last patch I installed on his machine before the problem manifest itself. However, I do not think it is the patch by itself. If you have KB902400 on your system, you might try removing it and see if the problem persists. Make sure you reinstall the patch; it is a critical security patch.

I had the same problem as described here, on startup the computer would display "Windows error no disc", and when i tried running antispyware programs, the same error would appear.
    I found the microsoft solution was the begining to the answer (ironically it was really a microsoft patch causing the trouble, not spyware as i had suspected, however the patch for SP2 was very important so was not to be removed)
    I had an Iomega Zip drive as C: , which for some reason upset the spyware removal programs (adaware and s&d).
    Once i changed the removable drive to another drive letter, the antispyware programs could run and remove the adware.
    For those still having troubles, i strongly suggest exploring the posibility that you have a removable media drive as C: . If this is so, follow the instructions on the link given above, and change its drive letter to anything else.

Thanks to the guy that suggested the microsoft site

Good luck to all those who want this problem solved

Smile No Disk Error

I received a new computer for Christmas.:p After loading everything I kept receiving an error message when the media player was opened. It was,"There is no disc in the drive. Please insert a disk in the drive." This message was due to the fact that while downloading my McAfee virus scan, it was recommended that I uninstall Norton Internet Security, which was bundled with the computer. This removal caused the error message. When I left the Norton on the computer and disabled the McAfee everything was alright. In a nutshell, deleting the Norton program caused the problem.:D

Default windows no disc

I had this problem for weeks, done everything suggested. uddenly noticed that one of my card drives had been changed to being called C: ( my normal working drive is I so changed C: to R: and bingo, error gone !!!