Thread: Update results

Default Update results

just searched for updates and got this result, comments would be welcome

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

"Bad Checksum" problems are usually caused by overloaded download servers.

To change download servers and for a workaround for "Bad Checksum" errors please see:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...45&postcount=2

Note: The download server can be changed after the "Search for Updates" and before clicking "Download Updates". So if you find a server that works well, you can start by using that server in the future. Also note that if you want (not necessarily recommended) you can select a server and then right click on the button and "Set this server as the preferred download location". If you do that Spybot will select that sever rather than a random server for future updates.

Additional information:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

MD

Thanks for that reply, I tried other sites, a couple confused me for when I did, a balck box appeared (like a chkdsk) then vanished and that update vanished also.

I did eventually find one that worked (europe 2) so I have taken a printscreen to print and remind me, if I am right to assume it will be that one each time???

Also, please remind me, should I be notified of a reply to my post?

Thanks again to all that answered, also I notice, I posted in 2 places, sorry

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gudda96
    I did eventually find one that worked (europe 2) so I have taken a printscreen to print and remind me, if I am right to assume it will be that one each time???
    Although it depends on many factors, if that mirror worked well for you this time there is a good chance it will work next time.

Quote Originally Posted by gudda96
    Also, please remind me, should I be notified of a reply to my post?
    You are not notified of responses to you posts unless you subscribe to be notified. You have to go into your User Control Panel to do that. The User Control Panel can be accessed by clicking on the "User CP" item in the black menu bar near the top of the forum screen.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.