Thread: Immunisation - 2 domains unprotected

Default Immunisation - 2 domains unprotected

When I immunise, Spybot initially tells me that all is protected. When I check back some time later, I notice that 2 domains are unprotected.

IE (32 bit) shows 1954 items but IE (32/64 bit shows only 1952 items out of 1954).

I am running XP Pro (32/86 bit) NOT 64 bit.

I am wondering if this is because I have them in my Trusted Sites.

Is there a way I can ascertain what exactly IS unprotected?

I have tried right-clicking for more options/info but no luck.

How can I find out what the 2 items are and how can I tell Spybot to ignore/exclude them please?

Sorry, realise that I need to be more explicit.

Under Internet Explorer (32/64 bit), there are three categories: Default, Administrator and Smirnoff (my username).

Default and Administrator show all 1954 item protected. It's only my username that shows the two unprotected domain items.

Still need to know what they are and how to protect/ignore them.

I still see this problem, would appreciate some feedback please.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Smirnoff:

Are you sure that the numbers you posted on 2008-09-15 are correct?

On 2008-09-15, I was immunizing 9154 domains in each category (profile) not 1954 domains. So if the numbers you posted are correct the problem would appear to be far bigger than 2 domains in your user account (Smirnoff) not being immunized.

How many domains are currently being immunized with the 2008-10-22 updates?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Currently showing 9307 domains immunised. The number I quoted in my original post was correct at the time.

At the moment everything is showing as "immunised".

I use programs such as BBC iPlayer, Azureus (Vuze) bittorrent and Limewire. I'm wondering if peer-to-peer programs are causing this or possibly something I have in my Windows Firewall exceptions.

Sorry, should have added that if it is caused by the programs above, fair enough. What annoys me is that Spybot tells you that some items are unprotected but doesn't give you an option to identify them.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Smirnoff:

9307 is the correct number of domains immunized after the 2008-10-22 updates.There should be 9337 domains immunized after today's (2008-10-29) updates.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thanks but that doesn't answer my question.

I am aware how many items should be immunised each time Spybot updates.

What I want to know is why it is regularly showing that two items are not protected but gives me no way of finding out what they are.

Think I have found the answer/reason.

It's to do with koolynoody, it has two entries in the registry:

hkey_current_user\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\internet settings\zonemap\domains\koolynoody.net

I'm using CA Yahoo anti-spy. Apparently it FALSELY reports a problem that is already immunised by Spybot, i.e. koolynoody. If I remove it with Yahoo anti-spy, Spybot then shows two (registry entries) items unprotected.

This link explains it better:

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=214536

If I set Yahoo anti-spy to allow koolynoody, then it remains immunised in Spybot.

However, when Spybot reports that some items are unprotected, it would still be nice to able to see exactly what they are.