Thread: Spyware Detector as Malware?

Cool Spyware Detector as Malware?

I cannot understand why Spybot continues to detect Max Software's Spyware Detector as malware (I only became aware of this today subsequent to uploading latest version of Spybot - I had previously been using an earlier version which nicely complimented the Spyware Detector, and Adaware products. Fortunately, I caught it in the list and was able to omit it from entries to be deleted, thereby avoiding the hassle of communicating with the Max folks to reinstall and re-registeri my Detector product. I've subsequently modified settings in Spybot Mode options to ignore the product from further scans.
    The Detector product is highly regarded in the industry, it's data base is maintained vigorously with frequent updates to new threats, and has gained an increasingly large installation base of paid, loyal users over the last few years. Instead of persisting in what appears to be a pissing contest between your two excellent products, I believe it would be in the best interest of user security for the products to play well together once again.
    Klaatu Barada Nikto

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Duplicate post in the Spybot-S&D forum:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.