Thread: Help for a novice please

Default Help for a novice please

I have got into a bit of a mess with Spybot, last week I did an update to 1.6, and for some reason i updated and I think set the "Tea Timer" even though the system is set to " Default" and not advanced.
    I also set the Immunise function for the first time
    For some reason I had a few problems, could not attach address to e mail for instance.
    I have now disabled the Tea Timer (I think) by going into Tools- Resident tab which I unticked. I have also unset the Tea Timer by clicking on the wording next to the resident tab, however I have left the "Resident SD helper as active.

Do you think this is an adaquate setting or should I disable the " Resident SD Helper"?
    Also
    I note that on the Immunise report the Firefox elements are still unprotected, why?
    If it helps I am using XP

Not an expert but till one comes along I'll take a shot
    You updated from version?
    did you ever have 1.3 or 1.4 installed?
    if so I recommend that you UNIMMUNIZE, REmove Spybot and then run the spybot removal tool aka "small fix" there is a stickie or search will find it
    then reinstall spybot, include SD-Helper update and Immunize
    Someone else will have to tackle the E-Mail problem
    Did you say who your e-mail was?
    firewall?
    Antivirus- what are you using now?
    HAve you ever had another antivirus on your machine or one pre-installed
    (also a source of hard to track down problems)

Wyrmrider,
    Thanks for the info.,I have unimmunised, but the removal of Spybot seems complicated and I cant find the "Add/Removal " tool that is talked of in FAQ.
    Can somebody help on this?
    i dont want to go into the C File, as i am a novice at computing.
    As to your questions:-
    I was using 1.4
    E Mail is Yahoo
    Firewall Active Armor
    Anti Viras AVG
    No other anti virus has been on M/c

Would it be best, as I am scared to uninstall, to leave as is, and just run Spybot at regular intervals to seach for bad items?
    What do I lose by being unimmunised?

Please note also, did this action uninstall the "Tea Timer"?:- have now disabled the Tea Timer (I think) by going into Tools- Resident tab which I unticked. I have also unset the Tea Timer by clicking on the wording next to the resident tab

East of England, I will try to help you in the best of my ability. However, I'm having trouble understanding your problem. What are you attempting to resolve?

I'll just throw in a few ideas:
    If you plan to uninstall Spybot-Search&Destroy, go to the Control Panel (Windows XP) and click 'Add/Remove Programs'. You should find Spybot there.

Uninstall Spybot will also remove TeaTimer along with it. However, if you have Immunized, then the Immunization still applies.

if youre running xp and cant find add/remove programs then click "classic view" on top left in the margin
    dual core 2ghz centrino x 2 ATI radeon 512mb with 1791mb hypermemory 4gb ddr2 RAM vista home premium