Thread: Stop scanning certain file types, how do I do it?

Default Stop scanning certain file types, how do I do it?

I've had spybot S&D for quite a while, and I really like it, but I recently redid my computer with a clean slate, and when I reinstalled it, it's doing something really annoying.
    Every time I open up an mp3 file, midi file, files like that, it scans it, and afterwards, it doesn't even let me listen to it.

How do I disable spybot from scanning specific file types?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

AngilasGuy:

To fix the problem and still keep the "Scan using Spybot-Search&Destroy" option in the right click context menu try this suggestion posted today by matt Humphreys in:

If you would like to eliminate the "Scan using Spybot-Search&Destroy" right click context menu option, see this post by Zer0 Voltage in:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

I still don't really get how to disable it after I read it, I got to the point where I downloaded a zip file with
    "Enable Spybot-S&D Context Menu Entry.reg"
    and "Disable Spybot-S&D Context Menu Entry.reg" but I don't know where to put it or if it really pertains to my problem.

I just don't want it to scan when I open certain files, will this work? If so, how do I go about doing it?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

AngilasGuy:

After you have downloaded the Enable+Disable Spybot-S&D Context Menu Entry.zip file:
    • Extract (unzip) the content of the Enable+Disable Spybot-S&D Context Menu Entry.zip file.
    • You should now have two .reg files:
      • Disable Spybot-S&D Context Menu Entry.reg
      • Enable Spybot-S&D Context Menu Entry.reg
    • Double click on the Disable Spybot-S&D Context Menu Entry.reg file.
    • Answer Yes then OK

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Alright, that seemed to stop it from asking every time.
    I have a new problem, not really related to spybot, but when I double-click a file, it ALWAYS asks me what program I want to use for it, even when I check the "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" box. Over and over.

I don't expect anyone to know this, since it is a little off-topic, but if they do, any help?