Thread: just a thought

Cool just a thought

Now I wonder, with all the brainiac code slinging programmers out there, why can't someone come up with a simple little add-on, IE: a way to kill a file, be it .exe, .dll, etc... No matter if its "in use" or "read only" blah blah and etc...

That one little add on would be worth its weight in gold by itself to me. (and i'm quite sure hundreds of thousands of others) a way to end a process and delete something without having to jump through hoops, restart into dos, or safe mode, blah blah and etc...

And if there IS a prog, i'd LOVE to know about it (it'd be a lovely bragging right add on to S&D).

And i'm like the other 99% that don't care to hear, can't because of this or that, its just a matter of the right method just like any other thing that see's
    010011000100 for a living, (where there's a will there's a way)

Anywho, my 2 cents on the matter. pe@ce 2ya

We had SDDelFile.exe installed wih 1.5.2 I think, which might not have been perfect, but used more than a dozen ways to get rid of a file. Its entry in the Explorer context menu was too confusing for many usesrs though, so it is no longer there. Run SDDelFile.exe from tho Spybof folder once to have it register there
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Smile hmmmmm

SDDelFile.exe Huh?, ok i'll go search for it, tyvm.
    Just don't get me wrong, i'm not bashing at all, that was just my two cents worth. Team Spybot does a great job, and always has!
    of the malicious file world!

Anywho, Thank the whole team for me, (i'll drop a lil $ in yer donation box)
    and pe@ce 2 ya.

If you used the same vmware for both of your tests that could be the reason why the name of the directories was the same.
    The filerange you used for your startmenu rules is very big. I think it should be ok to use a smaller one. But the syntax is correct.
    Worried about pass4sure.co.uk exam .

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    We had SDDelFile.exe installed wih 1.5.2 I think, which might not have been perfect, but used more than a dozen ways to get rid of a file. Its entry in the Explorer context menu was too confusing for many usesrs though, so it is no longer there. Run SDDelFile.exe from tho Spybof folder once to have it register there
    I did... But i am facing some problem... must be my pc prob i guess.. anyways thanks...