Thread: Sent Here From Error Report.

Default Sent Here From Error Report.

I got a message saying that my system settings protector was disabled so I sent an error report. I was provided with a link to this site, so could someone please advise me on what to do next?
    My PC has been behaving badly lately and my C and D drives don't show up on "My Computer." Any idea what's causing this? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by strato222 View Post
    I got a message saying that my system settings protector was disabled so I sent an error report.
    Are you referring to Spybot-Search&Destroy's TeaTimer?

Are you having a spyware/malware problem?
    What is your Operating System?
    Have you ran a scan with your anti-virus program?

Can you run a scan with Spybot in Normal Boot and see what it detects (provided with the latest updates)?

Are you getting any "pop-ups" or sorts? Any random balloons?

LLKone1987 here, I have been having a similar problem as Stratos. I currently have a Windows XP operating system and I have religiously made sure that my Spybot program is up-to-date as well as running regular Norton anti-virus scans. As it is, I have to restart my PC 5-7 times daily just to make sure that the "System Settings Protector" error message does not show up.

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post

Can you run a scan with Spybot in Normal Boot and see what it detects (provided with the latest updates)?

Oops, forgot to mention this, but the program error did have the Teatimer icon on it. Apparently, this seems to have happened ever since I upgrade to to 1.6

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

strato222:
    LLKone1987:

There was a new version of TeaTimer released with the 2008-09-24 updates. Try that.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post

I scan my PC regularly with Spybot and it's clean. I had a problem a couple of weeks ago, but Spybot sorted it out. My Operating System is XP home edition. I check for updates regularly so I'm ok there.
    Something else a bit strange happened, which may shine a light on the problem. I have a couple of email accounts with windows live mail. I was getting a message saying that i couldn't send or receive messages, so I had to close and re-open the accounts to get them working. On the task bar, instead of the tab reading "Windows Live Mail," it read "Spybot Windows Live Mail." I'm also a bit concerned about drives C and D disappearing from "My Computer."