Thread: Spybot doesn't load in WINDOWS XP under limited account.

Default Spybot doesn't load in WINDOWS XP under limited account.

I have a laptop PC running WINDOWS XP PRO. For some reason, SPYBOT doesn't load under one of the accounts I created, which is a limited account. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks!

Have you attempted to install Spybot under the limited account? What do you mean by Spybot does not "load"?

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    Have you attempted to install Spybot under the limited account? What do you mean by Spybot does not "load"?
    It wont let me since it is a limited account. In regards to it does not load, it does appear on the lower right hand tray. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sandman512 View Post
    In regards to it does not load, it does appear on the lower right hand tray. Thanks!
    So it does work?
    So I'm assuming Spybot was installed?

What you can do is install Spybot under the Administer account, which will also install Spybot on all other accounts too.

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    So it does work?
    So I'm assuming Spybot was installed?

What you can do is install Spybot under the Administer account, which will also install Spybot on all other accounts too.
    Yes, SPYBOT was installed under the admin. account. When I log off the admin account and go to the limited account, I do not see it RUNNING in the lower right tray. Any advice? THANKS!

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

sandman512:

The system tray icon is associated with TeaTimer. TeaTimer must me activated for each user individually.

To activate TeaTimer for the limited account, log on to the limited account. Then go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident and check the following:
    • Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) active.
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2008-09-26 at 13:50.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    sandman512:

The system tray icon is associated with TeaTimer. TeaTimer must me activated for each user individually.

To activate TeaTimer for the limited account, log on to the limited account. Then go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident and check the following:
    • Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) active.
    Thanks! Worked like a charm!