I just downloaded and installed Spybot Search & Destroy. My machine has a serious problem that has just developed while viewing a powerpoint file I downloaded fro the net. In a flash, the blue screen of death showed up and my antivirus (McAfee Security) has been knocked out. I cannot reinstall any virus scanner, I cannot do online scans of any kind, I cannot boot into safe mode in Windows XP SP2 and an error message comes up when I try to run Spybot that says: "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe is not a valid Win32 application." Did I download the wrong version? My machine also runs very slowly. I have installed a spyware program, xsoftse from pareto logic, and it finds a bunch of spyware of varying degrees of threat, supposedly "quarantines" them, but nothing changes. I have also done an "sfc /scannow" in Windows and no errors show up. I must conclude, then that there is either malware causing the problem or a driver has become corrupted. Any help would be appreciated.