Thread: 98 se apy bot 1.6 why does a box pop up that says new process being scanned What can

Default 98 se apy bot 1.6 why does a box pop up that says new process being scanned What can

I am running WIN 98 SE Spy bot 1.6 the pad lock in the icon tray always moves and a box pops up and says somwething like new process being scanned, this does not happen on my Win XP system. Can I make it stop? thanks

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

JOE.G:

What version of Spybot - Search & Destroy and TeaTimer are you running on both systems?
    • Right click on the TeaTimer icon (actually labeled "Spybot-SD Resident") in the notification area (system tray area) of the taskbar.
    • Select "About".
    • This should yield a pop-up dialog with both the version of Spybot - Search & Destroy and the "System settings protector" (TeaTimer).

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Ver 1.6.0.30

sys pro 1.6.2.23

Hello,

Please download the new TeaTimer version 1.6.2 through the integrated updater in Spybot.
    You can also download it manually. It is available here.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Ok I downloaded it and the icon stopped moving but the boxes still pop up saying there is a new process being scanned. How can I make that stop? thanks

PS I just noticed that everytime my screen saver pops up it goes away do to teh spoy bot box popping up
    Last edited by JOE.G; 2008-10-02 at 19:51.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

JOE.G:

Quote Originally Posted by JOE.G View Post
    ... but the boxes still pop up saying there is a new process being scanned. How can I make that stop? thanks ...
    Right click on the TeaTimer icon (labeled "Spybot-SD Resident") and untick "Show info ballons" by clicking on that selection in the context menu.
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2008-10-02 at 21:02.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

It worked thanks