Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Temporary system freeze on program shutdown

kentlowt,

supplementary 2:
    One of the side issues I forgot to mention was that the PC I used for the test has Avast antivirus installed. If the Avast Standard shield is set to High, then it scans the files that Spybot is updating during its close down, which does lengthen the time period, but only very marginally. If the shield is set to Normal then it doesn't scan them.

Bingo when I shut down ZoneAlarm security suite. It shut down immediately so something is going on there. So now what?

Just got back from Zone Labs website it seems there are issues with the current version of ZoneAlarm doing this. They are recomending either to downgrade to the previous version or upgrade to a beta they have posted in their forums.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by kentlowt View Post
    Just got back from Zone Labs website it seems there are issues with the current version of ZoneAlarm doing this. They are recomending either to downgrade to the previous version or upgrade to a beta they have posted in their forums.
    I think I would be downgrading to the previous version until they get the new series stabilised.