Thread: Right Media

Default Right Media

I get "Right Media" identified as a problem every time I run S&D. It appears to "fix" OK, but then it's right back the next time I run S&D. Clicking the info bar gives me "no information is available," and it is identified as a browser entry type. I apologize if this is in another thread, but I didn't notice it.

Default Right Media

I have the same problem with Right Media being identified as a threat but it's always back again after the next scan. Immunizing doesn't help and since no info is displayed, I guess we're sort of stuck with this problem until someone at Safe Computing sees this thread or notices the problem in some other way.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

browntodda:
    Big Bob:

If Spybot is having a problem deleting the Right Media tracking cookie, delete the following cookie(s) via your browser:
    • username@ad.yieldmanager

Then immunize or block third party cookies in your browser (see note #1) and the cookie should not return.

Note #1: To block third party cookies see the following article:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default IE Block of RightMedia

Thanks MD for your response.

But, I stumbled on another to way to resolve this issue yesterday. If you are running Internet Explorer, Open IE Properties and go to the Privacy Tab. Click the Sites button and enter rightmedia.com and then click on the Block button.

Since doing this, Right Media no longer shows up after a SpyBot scan and therefore I guess IE has blocked it.

Bob