Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spybot needs PAUSE Button

Default Spybot needs PAUSE Button

Spybot is very CPU intensive and once you start a scan, it is hard to to anything else even on a pretty fast machine.

A PAUSE button would really be useful so that if you must stop, you do not have to start form scratch again.

Thanks,

Dan

It has one

Switch to advanced mode, find the Settings page, and at the very bottom you'll find an option to show more options on the results page
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Default Pause Button

It took me quite awhile to find it even with your explicit directions. If people don't know about it, and it's an item that's hard to come across by chance, even not easy to find if you know it exists -it needs to be part of the default interface. It's almost as important for it to show up as the STOP button.

I urge you to make it part of the default installation. There are compelling reasons to do so, and I certainly cannot think of any reason why it should not be part of the default.

Thanks,

Dan

One of the reasons I have just joinde was to ask for this very same thisng. I have SpyBOT set to scan at scheduled time, but if I don't want it to scan cos I am still working, only option currently is terminate process in task manager as once it initiates scan, stopping it takes eons.

Another useful option would be to "pause scanning for" then offer say 15 minutes, after that it will auto resume.

Thanks for top product !!!

I'm using version 1.6.2.46.

Maybe I'm missing something but PepiMK's instructions don't point ME to a Pause button - so where is it ?

criochan:
    Spybot>Advanced Mode>Settings>Settings>Expert Settings>Show Expert Settings in the Results List.

Is this not at cross-purposes ? What we are asking for is something which is increasingly common on Antivirus suites, anti-spyware apps etc - that when the application fires up to do a scan (usually this will be a scheduled scan by nature), that there is an option to PAUSE the scanning, or even, to pause scanning for <user input number of minutes>.
    The answer being provided for this seems to point to something in the results list - i.e AFTER the scan is completed.
    Please can the developers re read this and see if what I am saying is making sense.

Thanks

OK answering my own post (bad form I know), I have found the pause button, you need to open the program, the pause button is NOT on the live scanning window. I think what the request is to have the pause button moved to that window as this is the windows displayed when scan is in progress. Hope this clarifies.

Default Pause Request

I have not, and would never have found that pause setting as given by drragostea above. I have looked through all the settings and never saw a clue to this. Thank you for that instruction. Happy camper now.

My request for a PAUSE button is mainly in the interface of a scheduled scan. If I'm in the middle of doing something it almost seems to hang what I'm doing. All there is is the Stop Scan button and that takes forever and ever for it to stop. And sometimes it causes it to stop responding. Then even the Task Manager doesn't even end it.
    A PAUSE button here would be extremely useful.

Hello happy camper : ].

I do not see what is the problem here.
    By the way, the request feature is up to PepiMK to decide. I'm sure he has that mind.

See the attached screenshots.