Thread: Immunize Will Not Immunize Properly

Angry Immunize Will Not Immunize Properly

I did a complete uninstall of Spybot S&D and reinstalled version 1.6.0.30...

After installing I downloaded and installed all available updates...

I attempted to immunize but half of the things won't immunize... I suspect these are the one related to Firefox... I'm using FF 2.0.0.17 on Windows Me...

I've never had this problem before...

I've read in previous threads where I should delete 'permissions.sqlite' since this is a FF 3 file and can cause problems but everytime I launch Spybot two of these files are created...

I also read where the file 'hostperm.1' should be created as a zero byte file... I've created them but maybe not in the proper location. I've located it in "c:\windows\application data\mozilla\firefox"... I've also created on in "c:\windows\application data\mozilla\firefox\mozilla firefox"...

Should 'hostperm.1' be located in the same place that Spybot insists on putting 'permission.sqlite' which are: "C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\y0vszbue.slt\permissions.sqlite" and "C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\v5nh5czr.default\permissions.sqlite"?

I'm open to other suggestions short of changing operating systems and browsers...

I could uninstall Spybot and reinstall it but I don't cherish the idea of having to spend another hour downloading all the updates...

I've also taken a screen shot of the Spybot Immunize screen and could upload it if you think it would help...
    Do Not Meddle in the Affairs of Dragons
    ...for You are Crunchy and Good With Ketchup

Default Resolved

For grins and giggles I located 'hostperm.1 to the same directories that Spybot had insisted on creating the 'permissions.sqlite' files and then deleted the latter files...

I restarted Spybot and did an Immunize... Initially it came up with the following: Unprotected: 55790, Protected: 47521, Total: 103311...

I did Immunize again and there are NO unprotecteds listed...

Seems that relocating the 'hostperm.1' files did the trick...

Now I once again have a 'warm, fuzzy' feeling about Spybot...
    Do Not Meddle in the Affairs of Dragons
    ...for You are Crunchy and Good With Ketchup