Thread: Paul Collins startup list?

Default Paul Collins startup list?

I have the latest version of spybot installed. lately i keep getting a registry change window popping up that says it is Paul Collins startup list. Any ideas what this is?
    Linda

Default access violation

when i close my pc down i get a window that pops up and says access violation, teatimer...any ideas?
    Linda

Default Teatimer access violation

I posted under malware four days ago because i wasnt sure where to go with this... Everytime i shut down my pc i keep getting access violation teatimer messages...example: "Access violation" 0046FBF5 in module :TeaTimer" any ideas what is going on? also i keep getting popup registry windows for value added and wants to know if i will allow or deny change... I have the latest version of spybot installed

Edit.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=35647
    Last edited by tashi; 2008-10-23 at 19:33. Reason: added link
    Linda

Hello lindapomranky.
    Just a few questions, what Operating System are you running?
    What version of Spybot-Search&Destroy (Help>About)? You've said you're running the "latest" version, I just wanted to confirm that (because of the TeaTimer error message).

What kind of registry change? Can you get a log from TeaTimer (right-click on the taskbar TeaTimer icon and click "Show Log")?

I am running 1.6.0. I have McAffee which was shut off today, and i was getting popup windows telling me there was a access violation teatimer, not sure what that means. So my McAffee got back on and i scanned with it and found this on my pc and removed it with McAffee: Generic PUP.x McAffee claims it is a potentially unwanted program, possible spyware. I removed it and i hope that solves this teatimer problem. I shut down my pc and I havent got anymore popup windows saying access violation again yet. Thanks for your help. I couldnt find the teatimer icon you are talking about, do i need to find this in advanced mode or default mode? I am running windows XP, service pk 3
    Last edited by lindapomranky; 2008-10-23 at 21:26.
    Linda

The TeaTimer taskbar icon will look like this:
    (Third icon)
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by lindapomranky
    So my McAffee got back on and i scanned with it and found this on my pc and removed it with McAffee: Generic PUP.x McAffee claims it is a potentially unwanted program, possible spyware. I removed it and i hope that solves this teatimer problem.
    If you say so. I was about to suggest you download the latest version of TeaTimer (beta; you'll have to run Spybot in Advanced Mode and enable it to download beta updates).