Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it posible to disable tray icon ?

Have you installed the new updates on Spybot-Search&Destroy (October 22nd, 2008)?

For me, I had to run in Advanced Mode>Tools>Resident and about a minute or so the TeaTimer (Resident Shield) icon reappeared.

Quick update.

I uninstalled and then reinstalled spybot 1.6 and sure enough the tray icon reappeared. However upon completing a full update (checked all boxes) the tray icon once again dissapeared. Checking task manager showed teatimer was no longer running although a restart brought it back but still no tray icon.

Having used windows since 95 I no longer trust programs silently running in the background and had become fond of the tray icon for Teatimer constantly popping up to let me know everything was still working. Please help

Thanks for getting back to me drragostea. Have now tried this, it's been running for about ten minutes and still no tray icon.

When updates were installed i was asked to allow or deny changes twice.
    Assuming spybot new what it was doing during update I allowed these changes:-
    23/10/2008 09:26:57 Allowed (based on user decision) value "SpybotSD TeaTimer" (new data: "") deleted in System Startup user entry!
    23/10/2008 09:26:58 Allowed (based on user decision) value "{53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F}" (new data: "") deleted in Browser Helper Object!
    Would these be affecting it do you think?

edit*
    Unticking and then ticking the teatimer box brought the tray icon back but will now restart the PC to see if it stays.

edit*
    WOOHOO! drragostea Problem solved
    Last edited by TechnoHippy; 2008-10-23 at 13:09.

Glad to hear it was resolved.

Safe surfing.