Thread: Standby - No icon

Question Standby - No icon

Hi all,
    Can anyone tell me what I need to change in order to get the SpybotS&D 'TeaTimer' icon to reappear after a system standby please? Currently, it always disappears.

S&D 1.6.0.31
    WinXP SP2

Thank you.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

cyberdyne:

The problem seems to only occur on certain systems (mine is not one of them). Code is being added to TeaTimer to recreate the icon if it disappears. See PepiMK's comments in the following thread:

In the mean time to get the icon back you could try to stop and restart TeaTimer as follows:
    • Go into Spybot » (Mode » Advanced Mode) » Tools » Resident.
    • Under the heading "Resident protection status", uncheck the following item:
      • Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) active.
    • Then recheck that item.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    cyberdyne:

The problem seems to only occur on certain systems (mine is not one of them). Code is being added to TeaTimer to recreate the icon if it disappears. See PepiMK's comments in the following thread:

In the mean time to get the icon back you could try to stop and restart TeaTimer as follows:
    • Go into Spybot » (Mode » Advanced Mode) » Tools » Resident.
    • Under the heading "Resident protection status", uncheck the following item:
      • Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) active.
    • Then recheck that item.
    That is what I'm currently doing, thanks.

Good to know the issue is being addressed. I'm a long time user and a big fan, have recommended S&D to MANY people.

Many thanks.