Thread: Is this normal: Scans again after restart?

Default Is this normal: Scans again after restart?

Greetings all,
    Newbie to Spybot, downloaded latest version today. A tutorial says that if you get the message:

Some problems couldn't be fixed; the reason could be that the associated files are still in use (in memory)... May Spybot-S&D run on your next system startup?

You should answer "yes" and then "The next time, you reload Windows, Spybot will run automatically and fix any of the programs it could not fix previously.

At this point you will be presented with the list of found entries again, but now there will be large green checkmarks next to the items that Spybot - S&D was able to remove. The ones that are still checked but do not have the large green checkmark next to them will be fixed on the next reboot of windows."

However, upon Restart this does not happen. Instead it starts doing the whole scan from start again (which takes forever to scan 289754 files).
    My fear is that it won't be able to remove all of the remaining problems (for the same reason) AGAIN at the end of this?

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any pointers!

Yes, it is normal... I'm talking about the message that you received after the scan.

The message means that a file that Spybot-SD attempted to fix was unsuccessful because either the file was locked or in use. What Spybot will do will prompt you to schedule a scan upon the next reboot.

A scan should take a simple 10-20 minutes, in Spybot-SD 1.6.0.30 (the latest version).

If you do not have the latest version of Spybot, I would advise that you upgrade to the latest version, update, and perform a scan again.

Spybot-SD 1.6.x will take a significantly shorter [scanning] time compared to previous versions (such as 1.5.x and 1.4.x).