Thread: Problem with beta 1.6.1.33

Exclamation Problem with beta 1.6.1.33

With a folder containing several hundred files added into c:\Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settings\Temp and using the normal SpybotSD.exe1.6.0.30, it asks each time on program startup whether to clean the temporary files. Changing SpybotSD.exe to 1.6.1.33 which adds the "Offer to clean temporary files folder" into settings results in Spybot NOToffering to clean the folder at startup, regardless of whether the tick is there, or not there. If I return to the old version it asks again. It is also not altering the DisableTempFolderCleaning in the registry tweaks section, which is set to 0 (don't disable)

This is repeatable - have also tried a reboot after changes of the exe file.
    System is XP-Home SP3, all current Windows updates, Avast 4.8.1229 Home Edition antivirus, Zone Alarm 7.0.483.000 firewall. Only browser is IE7.
    Last edited by Greyfox; 2008-10-10 at 06:24.

Thumbs up

OK, my apologies, I'm wrong - I was still looking for the dialogue to appear when the program starts up, and of course it's no longer there. It now appears at the start of the scan process, complete with the option to "Never ask again", and that along with the item in the settings pages appears to work exactly as intended.

How embarrassing!
    Last edited by Greyfox; 2008-10-10 at 08:41.

Hello,
    I've been looking for the beta versions but couldn't find it. Where is the download link for the beta version to test?
    DOCTUS.ORG Turkish security forum

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

dj.turkmaster:

Look in Downloads, Beta Versions, this entry:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    dj.turkmaster:

Look in Downloads, Beta Versions, this entry:
    Thank you md usa spybot fan.
    I wonder why the installer isn't updated and the single files are updated only. Will it be like this from now on or will the installer be updated?
    I have read the info about version 2 and the new module system. So I understood that the updates will be given like this from now on. Or did I misunderstood?

Both things are not really related

The "Beta Snippets" are quick, mostly untested, single file updates. More like a work-in-progress snapshot. Faster available than a full installer. Like what you see as "CVS versions" or "nightly builds" with some other projects.

Once the last topic (TeaTimer shutdown) has been solved (for a full installer, we would want all files at least mostly stable), a regular beta installer will be available of course.

2.0 (including betas) as well will be available as full installers of course.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    Both things are not really related

The "Beta Snippets" are quick, mostly untested, single file updates. More like a work-in-progress snapshot. Faster available than a full installer. Like what you see as "CVS versions" or "nightly builds" with some other projects.

Once the last topic (TeaTimer shutdown) has been solved (for a full installer, we would want all files at least mostly stable), a regular beta installer will be available of course.

2.0 (including betas) as well will be available as full installers of course.
    Hmm. I understand. Thanks for the reply PepiMK