Thread: [ask] temporary file erasing ?

Default [ask] temporary file erasing ?

Just now, I started Spybot, it counted for temporary files, and deleted them, it escaped my attention since I was making a cup of coffee at that time

After it deleted all temporary files, I noticed that my freespace has 890 megs more freespace, a little bit to much for just a bunch temporary files, since I cleaned my temporary files each weekend with another cleaning utility

Questions:

1. How do I see what temp files that has been deleted by spybot ?

2. How do I stop the temp files counting and erasing sequence from running at each time spybot is executed ?

Hello,

All temp files are deleted.

If you want to disable the "DisableTempFolderCleaning" you have to use a tweak.

To create such a tweak, create a registry value in the following location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Safer Networking Limited\Tweaks\Application.exe\

Replace Application.exe with the name of the executable it should affect, no paths used. Or, if you want the tweak to apply globally to all our products, simply use this path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Safer Networking Limited\Tweaks\

Use this tweak to completely skip the new function that tries to clear the systems temp folder to speed up scans:

DisableTempFolderCleaning : REG_DWORD = 00000000 (default if not set)

DisableTempFolderCleaning : REG_DWORD = 00000001 (does not offer temp folder cleaning on app start)

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot