Thread: Repartitioning C: Drive in Vista

Question Repartitioning C: Drive in Vista

Hi people,

I recently bought a laptop and have been flooding it with files and it is starting to run out of disk space. By 'starting to run out', I mean that I only have a couple of gigs left

I have 2 partitions, one a recovery partition and the other the partition concerned. I have looked at the built-in vista partition manager but I have found no way of increasing the C: drive partition

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

honda

Emeritus

ive never used Vistas partition manager, didnt know there was one built-in, but the only thing that i can see would be to resize the recovery partition, make it smaller. might need a third party app like partition manager. this is really your laptops "storage" partition in case a re-install has to be done for whatever reason- so really i would leave it alone.
    How Can I Reduce My Risk?

Smile

Thanks for your reply

Yes, I have tried to make my recovery partition smaller, but I could not manage to increase C:

It seems I'll have to download a 3rd party app - uhhh trials - any open source alternatives, heh?

Lightbulb This is a good one i highly recommend.

I have used this program and its very nice. Free too Saved me a lot of pain.

*download this file http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/bootitng.html You do not need to buy it. Just scroll to the bottom to download from their link. When downloaded run the exe in there. You then may make a bootable floppy or cd your choice. This puts the program on you choice of media so your ready to go. (the cd option makes a cd .iso so you will need a program to burn it.) Both the floppy and cd contain the same program. Next you will restart your computer with the cd or floppy in the drive. Once you boot into the program do not install it to your HDD. Just click cancel to just run it off the cd or floppy. Then go to partion work.*

*=from ubuntu forums on partitioning drives/resizing/uninstalling ubuntu.
    Last edited by 129260; 2008-10-16 at 22:13.